Blue triangle navigation app has disappeared
spamelina
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been using the blue triangular navigation button app as my GPS  navigator on my Droid RAZR HD when I drive. It suddenly disappeared yesterday. I don't see it among my apps or on Play Store and don't know how to get it back. I guess it's the same or similar to the Google Maps navigation, but I prefer using this app. Does anyone know where it went, and/or how I can get it back? Or has it been discontinued?

Also, is there a way to chance the voice that does the navigation? I'd rather have a male voice so I can hear it better.

0 Likes
Re: Blue triangle navigation app has disappeared
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a similar discussion on this already.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

spamelina wrote:

Also, is there a way to chance the voice that does the navigation? I'd rather have a male voice so I can hear it better.

Let me guess - you are female?  An interesting discovery I've made over the years - men like a woman giving them turn by turn directions, and women like to hear a man's voice....

I am not seeing a way to change the voice on Google maps navigation though.  You can mute the voice or not, but there is no option for changing the voice. The navigation app part of it is still designated "beta", so additional voice options may be coming.

0 Likes
Lizrow

Has anyone told you the answer? Because that has happened to me, and I have the razor. It really pisses me off because I use the navigation on a regular basis. And it's not in apps where you can re download it.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Navigation app was removed in the latest Google Map update since that function is now incorporated in the Map app.

0 Likes
SweetLittleRedhead
Enthusiast - Level 1

Some moron at Google thought it would be a good idea to mess everyone up. In the Google Maps update, you have to search for where you want to go, then click through a bunch of garbage just to get the directions.

SOMEONE AT GOOGLE SHOULD BE FIRED FOR THIS!!!!!

alexbailes

I found out from another post if you go into your android and uninstall the update for the google maps you navigation blue arrow will reappear and google maps will work like it use to. I had the same problem and it worked on my Samsung Gal III.

0 Likes
Dave_sea
Enthusiast - Level 1

08-13-2013----My blue Navigation symbol also disappeared when I rebooted my Droid RAZR. However, I just followed this procedure: SystemSettings...APPS..."Downloaded" or "All"(All is scrolled to the right)....touch - GOOGLE MAPS or "MAPS" (***this is the important app to get your blue triangle back**).....A menu board will appear that shows Storage, etc. Touch "DISABLE" or "Unistall" or "unistall Updates"....If asked, select "install factory version". This should remove the update that eliminated the blue triangle. See if you got it back by going to HOME..APPS.. Hopefully you got it!! By the way, if and when you reboot the phone again, the same thing is likely to happen.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It will continue to happen unless you turn automatic updates off in your Play Store app. 

MonteShaffer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to uninstall, no luck.  Software engineers need a lesson in innovation ... role of adequacy and jobs to be done (Clayton Christensen).  And what of the idea of backward compatibility?

A tool that was amazing and simple is not clunky and sophisticated?  Why?

0 Likes