Bought ringtone from Verizon and can't access it
troypar54
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just purchased a ringtone from the Verizon online media store, but I can't figure out how to access and save it. When I access the text message, it just plays the ringtone with no option to save. I have read the forums and created a media and ringtone folder on my SD card, but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone out there been able to figure this out yet?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bought ringtone from Verizon and can't access it
troypar54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally figured it out. In the message that contains the MP3, you'll see a large "Play" icon - don't click that to save. The message area had a slightly blueish tint and I was trying to click all over to get a save message. Finally when I long-pressed  just to the right of the "Play" icon (in the blueish area), a dialog box came up with several options and one was to save as a ringtone. I clicked that and it was added to my actual Ringtone list - it wasn't in my various music or media folders I made on my SD card. Hope this helps some people out - it had me frustrated for a bit!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Stickyfii

After you've saved it on your SD card, disconnect your phone from the computer, go to music, find the song/tone and select the song by holding it down. A menu will pop up to save it as the ringtone. This sets it to your main ringtone for all calls. If you want to use another tone for a specific person you have to to their contact for that.

0 Likes
troypar54
Enthusiast - Level 2

That seems to be the problem... I don't see an option to actually SAVE the ringtone. When I open the MMS from Verizon, all it does is play the .MP3 - with no option of saving.

0 Likes
Stickyfii

Have you gone to your Music app to see if it's there?

0 Likes
FredCDobbs

would have been nice to have a manual on a "$500+" phone wouldnt it. Even the downloadable manual has no real details on the phone. I hope you know that any mp3 (such as music) can be set as a ringtone. I saw a post somewhere on it.

0 Likes
fenderman15

It is not under the 'Music' menu.  These ringtones were bought on Verizon's ringtone website, and the site emails them to your phone as attachments in a message.  You can play the ringtone directly from the message, but there doesn't seem to be a way to save the ringtone so you can have it available to use as a ringtone on the phone.

Pretty basic feature of cell phone since about 1996, but apparently not an option on the new Droid.

0 Likes
fenderman15

Ok, semi-success!!!!

I was frustratingly screwing around with the email message with my attached ringtones, when I found a way to use the attachements as ringtones.

To get them to save as 'ringtones' directly from the message, long push the 0000000000 of the message.  Not the media player icon or anything else, but pressing the message id (?) of the email brings up a menu to save the attachment as a ringtone.  I would imagine it would be the same for a wallpaper.

Now for the problem.  The ringtone saves as the numerical identifier from the Verizon website, not the song name.  I had four ringtones, and they all saved as the ID, not the name.  So I technically have my ringtones, now if I can figure out how to rename them so they are acutally sortable/usable.

0 Likes
troypar54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally figured it out. In the message that contains the MP3, you'll see a large "Play" icon - don't click that to save. The message area had a slightly blueish tint and I was trying to click all over to get a save message. Finally when I long-pressed  just to the right of the "Play" icon (in the blueish area), a dialog box came up with several options and one was to save as a ringtone. I clicked that and it was added to my actual Ringtone list - it wasn't in my various music or media folders I made on my SD card. Hope this helps some people out - it had me frustrated for a bit!

0 Likes
jjp735i

When I receive the option box (by following the above), there is no option to save as ring tone. Now I am trying to save an old ring tone from one of my other phones. I simply forwarded it to the new phone. That should not make any difference that I can see, so why is the option missing?

0 Likes