Buy Android Apps?
Wildman
Legend

For years I have been buying my software for my Windows Mobile devices from a company named "Handango" and I recently noticed that they also carry Android apps, my question is can I install software that I buy from them and other sites without rooting my device or do I have to get my applications from the Android App Store only?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Buy Android Apps?
Wildman
Legend

Thanks everyone for the information, I will investigate more when I get my device because I really think this will be a learning curve for me for a little while... 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

I don't have an Android phone yet, but I do have an Android tablet from Archos the A5IT and I was able to install a programme from Handango but later found out that the device wasn't supported.  So I believe yes.  If you can find a free app, download that and see.

DJ

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Wildman wrote:

For years I have been buying my software for my Windows Mobile devices from a company named "Handango" and I recently noticed that they also carry Android apps, my question is can I install software that I buy from them and other sites without rooting my device or do I have to get my applications from the Android App Store only?

What apps are they called? I can search the android market to see if the app is already in the market.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

At this time Im really not having any particular software but I am just trying to understand how the root and unroot concept for installing applications works because Im not sure how to verify what applications will install without issues. Perfect example is that I found a post that still allows you to access the unsensored original  "Beautiful Widgets" that I understand was removed and i am unsure if I download this application apk file will it install without issues.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

As long as you are not on AT&T and you have the box checked in settings for allow third party apps then yes you absolutely can.  So long as they are written for your OS and your device. 

0 Likes
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1

shot a blank.. sorry

0 Likes
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1

No need to buy apps... seriously.

The app store is packed with free apps for every application.

you view a preview of the app, see a 5 star rating system from other users

b4 it installs it tells you what portions of your system it will effect.

And if you dont like the app it can be removed in seconds.. no harm no foul.

And Android.com controls the market place... so there is oversight

I have down loaded about 50 apps. No problem with any of them.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thanks everyone for the information, I will investigate more when I get my device because I really think this will be a learning curve for me for a little while... 

0 Likes