Can't Get Facebook to sync with contacts.
Remy083

The new 2.1 upgrade for ERIS seems great. A problem I am having with it is I can't get my contacts to link with my facebook. When I go to edit my contacts it doesn't give me an option anymore to link the contact with facebook. Anyone else having this problem? If so have u solved it. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Can't Get Facebook to sync with contacts.
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Go into a contact and click the link icon in the upper right of the contact. It should now give you the option to use Facebook. Make sure you are logged into Facebook first, or maybe it'll prompt you after you try to link. Grab a decent Facebook widget if you don't have one and try again if it still won't work. Explain exactly what you are doing and what is not working when you try.
0 Likes
journey242

I'm having the same issue. I'm logged into facebook with the android widget. I went back to settings and tried to sync with facebook again. Going one by one through contacts, I click on the icon, facebook to link to "facebook" contact, type name in select contact field and no matches come up.

0 Likes
Dalent

I am logged in to the Facebook app and having the same problem. I've tried restarting the phone, tried the Market Facebook App, and tried Facebook.com through the browser. No dice.

0 Likes
katiebe16

I had a similar problem, but my phone actually synced half of my facebook contacts--everyone whose first name started with Mau or earlier in the alphabet.  Sigh.  I also get a random force close message every now and then: "com.htc.bg."  From nosing around the internet, it appears that it is some sort of network error, either with twitter, facebook, or weather syncing.  Either way, it's irritating, especially since I just wanted my facebook contacts' photos to appear in my favorites list. 

I ended up downloading Facebook Sync from the market.  There's something there that says the new Eris ROM prohibits it from working, but I didn't have a problem.  However, I did disable Facebook for HTC Sense from syncing contacts before I used Facebook Sync (Settings > Accounts & Sync > Facebook for HTC Sense > uncheck Sync Contacts).  It works just fine now, so maybe that will help you?

0 Likes
Dalent

I went to go try this method, and my contacts had already fixed themselves. I dunno how it happened. But I guess it just takes some time.

0 Likes
thetornado
Enthusiast - Level 3

At first FB wasnt syncing to my contacts either. What I did:

1. Removed Facebook (for HTC Sense) account in your sync settings.

2. Turned phone off and pulled battery

3. Turned phone back on and added Facebook (for HTC Sense)

4. Sync Now

This took an hour so to sync all my contacts to FB again but it worked!

0 Likes
Bunktime

I'm also having problems getting my facebook to sync with my contacts. I've done everything from deleting Facebook & pulling my battery to just being patient & waiting. I got my update yesterday morning & as of now I can only sync the first 100 Facebook friends to my contacts in my phonebook. I'm very frustrated with this. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
scruggsdl

I'm having this issue with my LG Ally.

0 Likes
cwag99

I just got an LG Ally and am having the Problem

Here is exactly what I did.

went to add account

clicked Facebook

enter my info

then it just went to the Facebook App

it didn't add my contacts to my list, it doesnt pop up the icon to be about to sync them to existing contacts, and facebook doesn't show up under the accounts.

0 Likes