Can't find app
toya_ellis2004
So I upgraded today to the Droid Devour. The employee was showing me how to get apps using the app market & he downloaded the game Angry Birds, now I can't find the game & I can't open the app market! Help!!!
0 Likes
Re: Can't find app
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Did the vz employee download the game to your phone? Also I think angry birds is meant for phones with android 2.1 or higher and not for the android 1.6 that is on the devour. I could be wrong there. I haven't seen the reason to download the game myself.

As for the Market, not really sure what is happening there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

toya_ellis2004 wrote:
So I upgraded today to the Droid Devour. The employee was showing me how to get apps using the app market & he downloaded the game Angry Birds, now I can't find the game & I can't open the app market! Help!!!

Are there any errors that shows up to explain your problems?

0 Likes
toya_ellis2004
There isn't anything that shows up. When I try to access the market it will say loading & then just go back to the main page.
0 Likes
toya_ellis2004
Yes the vz employee did download it. I'm just kinda fustrated more about not being able to acess the market.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Okay, let's try this. I'm basing these instructions off my phone so some adjustments might need if the sections are labeled differently.

Go to settings > applications > manage applications. Let the list load completely if necessary. Press menu > filter > select all > press menu again > sort by size > menu one more time > sort a-z. Scroll to Market and select it. Press the clear cache button, clear data button if available (it might be uninstall updates. If so, skip this step) and then the force close button. Go back to home screen and open Market again.

If that doesn't work repeat those steps but this time press the uninstall updates button. That should clear you all the way to start point with Market.

Hope that helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kneekahliss
Contributor - Level 1

can you go to menu > settings > applications > manage apps > all > market > clear the data or cache

the pathing may be different on your android, see if that works

make sure you can login to your gmail account using a computer

you can try safe mode

last restort is to master reset

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@kneekahliss
That sounds like android 2.2. For those of us on older phones (android 1.5' 1.6, & 2.1) there were a few more steps.

0 Likes
toya_ellis2004
Thank you so much! This did work, I had to uninstall updates but it worked. Thanks again.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You're welcome. Enjoy learning about your new phone.

Don't forget you can also mark a post as the solution if your issue was resolved.

0 Likes