Can you uninstall VZW preloaded apps without issues?
DragnMastr

I keep getting update notifications about apps that I don't use.  They came preloaded on my phone.  I have tried to uninstall them but it always promps with unable to uninstall (don't remember the exact wording).

I don't use the:

Amazon Mobile

Amazon MP3

Google Play Movies

Google+

Anyone know how I can uninstall them (if possible)? or will uninstalling them cause other internal issues with other apps.

I have 2 (HUGE) games apps and the NFL preloaded... when storage is critical, the apps that I don't use (or should I say - want); some of my business apps require that it not be moved to the SD card - so you can see... I am caught ing the middle!

Would really appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue...

s/

Bill

PS  I have a Driod Razr Maxx HD  and bought it when it first came out; all updates are current.

Hope ya have a really awesome day!

0 Likes
Re: Can you uninstall VZW preloaded apps without issues?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

I don't think you can uninstall these apps but you can disable them so that they will not run an will not update.

Go to your Setting/Apps and choose the app you want to disable.  First you may need to uninstall updates and then it should give you the choice to disable the app.

I don't think disabling any of the apps you mentioned will cause problems with other apps.

See attached link for more info on disabling apps/bloat.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-maxx-hd/218790-guide-disabling-apps-bloat-razr-maxx-hd.h...

Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: Can you uninstall VZW preloaded apps without issues?
DragnMastr

Thanks Spiral...

I have disabled the apps that I don't want to use (but really wish that I could delete them.)

I will have to see if I keep getting the notice to update.

Really appreciate your time; for some of us - not sure how the industry came up with the name of 'smart' phones - they really make me feel really dumb at times  🙂   seems like the computer is more of the world that I am accustomed too.

Hope ya have a really awesome day!

Bill

0 Likes