Charges over and above unlimited data usage $29.99
Shenny

I'm new to the smart phone world.  I have the unlimited data package but, I am trying to figure out what things are free and what things I will get charged for.  For example, I downloaded the bank of America free app to do on line banking but, it said you may be charged by your carrier if you use this service.  How do I know if I am going to get charged?  Is there a list somewhere on the verizon site that list what is not included in your data package?

0 Likes
Re: Charges over and above unlimited data usage $29.99
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

They mean if you have a limited or no data package this program uses data so however data is charged you will incur that penalty.  It isn't a problem I have been using the Bank of America app for over 6 months now and never been charged for using it. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you won't be charged. almost anything you download will give you that message because the apps don't know if you have unlimited data plan. but since you do, you won't be charged. they have those messages for other users that may have no data plan or a very limited one. the only things you would be charged for are "paid" apps (wich will clearly tell you how much they cost) or any app that requires a subscription of some sort (vcast, vzn navigator, etc) and these will also CLEARLY state that a specific monthly fee or subscrition will apply. it's pretty tough do mistakenly download stuff that costs $ and not realize it. if your mostly downloading free apps, then you don't need to worry about it.

0 Likes
Shenny

Thanks for your quick response and info.:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Importing Calendar
Shenny

I use the microsoft Outlook calendar on my computer.  Is it possible to import that to my ALLY or do I have to use a differnt calendar?

0 Likes
Re: Importing Calendar
AZSALUKI
Legend

you should be able to sync it...but i don't know how. i would post this question as a new thread so thers will see the question.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

You can always export the calendar from outlook and import it into your gmail calendar using the gmail website.  http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/3097/google-calendar-howto-import-outlook-csv-or-ical-calendar-events...

You can also download Google Calendar Sync (http://www.google.com/sync/pc.html) and that will keep your Google calendar and outlook calendar synced live OTA so you don't have to manually export/import .csv files anytime you update the outlook calendar

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
google calendar app isn't compatible with 64bit operating systems. So I wasn't able to use it. Once they do I will start using outlook on my PC again. I kinda miss it, but I'm more than less goggle based life now. LOL
0 Likes