Copying text in e-mail apps
rmbmpd

I have a Motorola Droid and was trying to copy text from an e-mail (an address), but couldn't. On one occasion I tapped on a number by mistake and it took me to the phone app with the number ready to be dialed. However, I cannot find a way to select text or copy an address so I can go there. Does anyone have any idea if this is possible? I have copied test from my notes program, so I know how to do that much. I tried this both in my Gmail and Yahoo accounts.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Copying text in e-mail apps
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

yeah I tried to copy an e-mail from gmail to post here and couldn't do it. 

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

When you say address, do you mean an email address or a URL? In Gmail, if I touch and hold a URL in the text of an email I get a context menu with the choices Open in Browseror Copy link URL. It does not appear possible to select and copy other text within the body of an email.  For email addresses in the header of an email, touching the button to the left of the address displays a prompt to add the address to contacts. Not sure if this helps.

0 Likes
rmbmpd

When I said address, I meant a physical address, such as 123 maint street, anycity, state. I was sent an address to go to and I thought I could copy it and paste it into the navigation app (or "click" on it to go to the nav app or maps). However, I found I couldn't select it. I tried hitting "forward" thinking that I could edit it then (and therefore copy) but no go.

I can click on links and the browser will open and if I touch a phone number, it will open the phone app for me to call. It just seems that if I touch an address, the nav or map app should open or it should at least allow copy/paste. If it can't be done, I hope it is corrected in a future OS upgrade.

0 Likes