Creating shortcuts from bookmarks when using non-standard browser
Haggie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use the Dolphin browser. I just noticed that when I try to create a bookmark shortcut on my home screen, the Dolphin browser bookmarks don't show up in the selector. The selector displays the bookmarks that are on the standard browser.This is a pain, because I have to open the standard browser, bookmark the page, and then create the shortcut. It seems like a fairly large oversite that individual browser apps all create their own bookmark lists.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any workaround for the problem?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Creating shortcuts from bookmarks when using non-standard browser
Haggie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Solved my own problem...

If you are a Dolphin user and want to create a bookmark shortcut, make sure you scroll down from the standard "Bookmark" option to "MgeekBookmark". That opens the Dolphin bookmarks and from there you can create a bookmark on your Home screen.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Haggie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Solved my own problem...

If you are a Dolphin user and want to create a bookmark shortcut, make sure you scroll down from the standard "Bookmark" option to "MgeekBookmark". That opens the Dolphin bookmarks and from there you can create a bookmark on your Home screen.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

Haggie wrote:

I use the Dolphin browser. I just noticed that when I try to create a bookmark shortcut on my home screen, the Dolphin browser bookmarks don't show up in the selector. The selector displays the bookmarks that are on the standard browser.This is a pain, because I have to open the standard browser, bookmark the page, and then create the shortcut. It seems like a fairly large oversite that individual browser apps all create their own bookmark lists.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any workaround for the problem?

Thanks in advance!

There are actually two ways to accomplish this.

• From the home screen, press Menu > Add or long press the screen to pull up the options > select shortcut > (do not select "Bookmark") scroll down the list to find "MgeekBookmark" > Select your bookmark (these are the ones from Dolphin)

• In Dolphin, press Menu > Start Page > press the star on the left side of the screen > scroll to the bookmark you want and long press > select "Add shortcut to Home"

0 Likes