DROID IS DELETING TEXTS RANDOMLY
kaaattyy

Okay, so my droid just randomly deletes all of my text messages.. even ones I "lock." It's PISSING ME OFF. The first time it happened, my battery was really really low and so I figured it was just doing that to reserve battery or something. But it just deleted all my texts a few minutes ago and the battery is fully charged.

Is this happening to anyone else? Can I fix it? Or do I have to go get a new one?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: DROID IS DELETING TEXTS RANDOMLY
hamesworth

happened to me too. Are you using a messaging app or the native messaging?

0 Likes
kaaattyy

I'm just using the one that came on the phone.

0 Likes
belovedseason

I'm having this exact problem.

The first time it happened, I thought that maybe I didn't lock it up before it went in my pocket and my pants decided to delete them all but it just did it again just now and I hadn't even touched it. It's really starting to **bleep** me off. 😕

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Do you have some kind of memory manager or Taskkiller or something.  if you have something that cleans up your memory it may be viewing those as non-essential information.  None of my texts are being deleted.  Also if you get a lot of texts it might be making room and deleting the oldest ones or the oldest ones form individuals from whom you get a lot.  There is something most likely an app to blame for this.  It is probably something to do with memory management and probably either a taskkiller or clean up type app. 

0 Likes