DROID iDont do movies iDont do bluetooth voice dialing
FredCDobbs

Whats the point of a large bright screen since droid doesnt to download movies. I mean really this maybe a great phone. the nav is super the voice search is great.

I hate apple but the iphone is a entertainment center with a phone. the Droid is a phone with some great apps. Not the same. I bought a phone with a big screen so i could watch movies when I travel. It would appear the Droid is completly incapible of this.

Someone tell me if Im wrong please. No I dont want to spend 2hrs encoding a movie i have watched at home 48 times.

Frankly other than the voice search and navigation im begining to wonder what exactly the droid does that every other phone doesnt do?

why did i compare to an iphone? Thats how this phone is being presented

0 Likes
Re: DROID iDont do movies iDont do bluetooth voice dialing
EricSeipel

Here is a list of supported formats: http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html

Sorry if your videos on your computer are ripped/encoded with a wrong codec, there are formats on my computer that the iphone cant play inherently either, they must be converted in itunes when i want them to copy.

0 Likes
sroach23

the ipod and the iphone 3gs only play mpeg4, which is one of the formats for the droid.

0 Likes
FredCDobbs

a great link thnx, Maybe if there where a real manual for the droid i would have seen that listed. Now maybe you can tell me what movie download service to go to so I can get some shows. That would be great thnx.

Why no bluetooth voice calling on the droid?

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

You just need to turn on bluetooth.  It will do voice calling. 

As far as downloading movies any movie service that doesn't require that you use flash should work.  I don't really use movie services so I don't really know who that would be.  Hulu doesn't work yet but when Flash is supported it will.  Not sure when that might be.  Supposedly they are working on it.  I suspect it will come shortly after Google figures out app installation on SD cards.  Supposedly it is in testing at the moment.

0 Likes
foobah

You can convert DVDs to a playable format using programs such as Super @.

Now what I need is how to get and activate a player for 3GP format videos.

0 Likes
elaurel99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently, according to this article, Flash for Droid will be available early next year.

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200910/100509AFPforMobileDevicesandPCs.html

0 Likes
foobah

... and there are video player apps in Android Market.

0 Likes
aimh441

It is against the law in many states to use a mobile phone and drive.  The voice dial app requires you to look at the phone to confirm which number to dial.  **bleep**. I am returning my HTC Eris Droid.  From everything I've read, It doesn't look like they are going to fix this anytime soon.  So if you want the basic feature of using VOICE DIAL THROUGH YOUR HEADSET, get a different phone NOW.

Another FRUSTRATED and DISAPPOINTED Droid user :smileysad:

0 Likes
mrmaxmonkey

I stumbled an article about watching DVD movies on droid, check it to see if it is useful for u...

"

Watch DVD and video on your new Motorola mobile phone: CLIQ, Droid

"

0 Likes