Disable slide unlock
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

Any recommendations on apps to disable the slide lock that pops up when the screen is turned on?  I did use "No Lock", but that allowed any other button to turn on the screen.  I also tried "Anti Lock", and while it allowed the screen to come on only when the power or home button was pushed, it would randomly, and unexplicably, stop working, allowing the slide lock screen to come back.   I'd really like something that worked consistently, and allowed only the power or home button to turn on the screen.  I'd appreciate any advice.

0 Likes
Re: Disable slide unlock
Wildman
Legend

NOLOCK is the only one that I know works, I use it with Widget Locker and it works perfectly for me but under your situation if you disable the slide lock screen this will open device ro experiance issues like you discribed but the home and power button should still be the only buttons that should wake device.

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

Wildman wrote:

NOLOCK is the only one that I know works, I use it with Widget Locker and it works perfectly for me but under your situation if you disable the slide lock screen this will open device ro experiance issues like you discribed but the home and power button should still be the only buttons that should wake device.

Thanks Wildman.  When you use NOLOCK alone (without Widget Locker) does it prevent any other buttons (other than the home and power button) from waking the phone?   I couldn't get it to do that. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

LoydroidX wrote:

Wildman wrote:

Thanks Wildman.  When you use NOLOCK alone (without Widget Locker) does it prevent any other buttons (other than the home and power button) from waking the phone?   I couldn't get it to do that. 

When I am using it like this I set it to only respond to the power and home button bit you can modify what buttons the device will allow for this option.  Did you try going into the settings and setup the app to only trigger from the main keys,

CAP201103142322.jpg

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3
Thanks, but when I press the Menu key, I don't get a settings option. I only get "About".

BTW, I can't see the pics you attach on my phone. All I get is a pale triangle. Both when I'm the mobile version as well as the full version on the phone.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Not sire why you onlu see about, are you using a trial version?  Heres what mine shows..  Now as for the image the system sometime takes a bit of time you upload before image shows.... If this one doesnt show please click link..  http://s872.photobucket.com/albums/ab289/wildman3064132/?action=view&current=CAP201103142352.png

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

Wildman wrote:

Not sire why you onlu see about, are you using a trial version?  Heres what mine shows..  Now as for the image the system sometime takes a bit of time you upload before image shows....

Thanks Wildman...I am using the Free version of NoLock - the one by BoD.  I have none of the options you've listed.

And I still can't see the images you and others post on my phone.  (They look great on my laptop!)

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

LoydroidX wrote:

Thanks Wildman...I am using the Free version of NoLock - the one by BoD.  I have none of the options you've listed.

And I still can't see the images you and others post on my phone.  (They look great on my laptop!)

Are you viewing the full web page or mobile version on your device? The mobile version does not show the images....  If you scroll to bottom of page you will see the work FULL and if you click it will display the page the same way as your desktop and you should see images,

Those options is for WidgetLocker not NoLock, NoLock has no options.  I thought you was asking abount using WidgetLocker and NoLock.

If NoLock isnt working is the image of the lock when you open app in the open of closed position, the lock image has to be in open to block Slider from opening when device is woke up, the lock will still open on a reboot but once you slide it the first time it wont show again until reboot.

CAP2011031601151.jpg

0 Likes