Does anyone know if there is a movie/TV show rental or purchase service like iTunes for Android?
rmbmpd

I'm looking for an iTunes type site to get movies for my Droid. Amazon has a site, but they don't support Android devices. Has anyone heard of or know of a site to rent or buy movies and TV shows?

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know if there is a movie/TV show rental or purchase service like iTunes for Android?
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

rmbmpd wrote:

I'm looking for an iTunes type site to get movies for my Droid. Amazon has a site, but they don't support Android devices. Has anyone heard of or know of a site to rent or buy movies and TV shows?

no. However, there probably is not one because the droid does not posses a flash player yet.  sometime in the first quarter, we should have a flash player.

With this the flood gates should open for apps and services that will start appearing.

For now there are some apps like jetflicks, a paid app subscription, that allows you to watch some shows, but with mixed reviews on how well the app works. or you could use pc software to convert dvds and then transfer them to your droid.

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know if there is a movie/TV show rental or purchase service like iTunes for Android?
rmbmpd

Thanks for the info. I thought maybe the movie could be played in the existing player, just like a movie that has been converted to DVD. I'll look into jetflicks, but it doesn't sound too promising. I guess I'll just wait.

0 Likes