Droid Eris Weather Problem-help please
AliCP1

Hi!  Ever since the update, the weather app that displays with the clock has been acting weird.  It works fine from where it displays on the clock, and the animation works, but the problem comes up when I try to open it on its own.  I'll tap the weather application from my clock to open it and the screen will come up followed immediately by a force close notification.  Every time.  The force close comes up and goes away so fast I don't even have time to accept it.  Restarting my phone has not helped.  Sometimes, after the force close comes up, when I go back to the home screen the HTC logo will appear and the home screen will reload as if I'd just started up my phone.  This has only been happening since the upgrade.  Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris Weather Problem-help please
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

Since you have an update on your device, then this more than likely interfered with how the application functions. I would suggest that you try uninstalling the application and then reinstalling it to see if helps with the function of your application. I hope that this works.

0 Likes
lightman77

This has been a problem for many of us.  Search other forums/posts on here that address it and provide answers.  Basically deleting cached information and restarting/resyncing the app fixes most issues.  I believe this might help:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Android-Devices/Eris-Update-2-1/m-p/201674#M19576

0 Likes
barbp

Didn't work on mine ...

0 Likes
kimmyb

Same issue here. I love the picture and the clock, but I often hit it by accident and it force closes on it's own then restarts my phone. I also can't get the alarm to work either.

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

What software version do you have on your device? The newest version is Software Version ROM: 2.37.605.4/Radio: 2.42.01.04.27 which had a fix to correct the issue that you are experiencing. I have provided the steps below to check which version you have.

From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located in the lower left).

Touch Settings.
Touch About phone.
Touch Software information.
View the following software information.
Firmware version
Baseband version
Kernel version
Build number
Software number
Browser version
PRI version
PRL version
ERI version

I have provided a link for additional information. Click here http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=27429#swinfo

0 Likes
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our t...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our team members, we have temporarily reduced our business hours and our Response Centers are closed for the day. You may not receive a response until the next business day. Thank you for your understanding.
0 Likes