Droid Facebook issues
mdd1031

As of sometime last night I can no longer view pictures people are posting to Facebook, play Mafia Wars or accept event/friend requests. I stopped using the Facebook app a few weeks after I bought the phone the first week of december due to errors with fetching notifications and so on, so I use the Browser and view the site at full not the mobile version. I havent downloaded any new apps in a week or modified my phone at all ever, so I cant really figure out what the problem is. When I click on a picture that somebody posted or try to load Mafia Wars the new page starts to load and and the yellow bar up top starts to progress then it finishes and the page is blank and white. What am I supposed to do at work when I get bored now? lol

Any help would be appreciated, anybody else having this problem too?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Facebook issues
thedingo

I'm having the same exact issue. I had connectivity last night up until around 8PM EST and now all I get is a white screen.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Spanky99

I am having the same problem as well. I noticed it about a day ago. I switch to "Full Site" view because that's the only way to really access "Requests" and games. Now when switch to the full site, I can't access Icons, Requests, Friends, Inbox. I get that same white screen you are getting. About the only thing that will open is Profile, which isn't much. Can't play any Facebook games now, which is why I bought the @$#* Motorola Droid! I think an update to the operating system may have been recently released. Perhaps it's the cause. 

0 Likes
rcr484
Since the app is now not responding to connections, and seeing that my tweets are no longer feeding the status, I'm going to guess that Facebook made a change in APIs. They seem to be doing this on a regular basis now, thus screwing up every plugin dependent on them. Again, just a guess.
0 Likes
kleememe

I am having the same problems... Drive me crazy !!!!!!!! Does anyone from Verizon ever even look at these posts? My daughter & son in laws both has the Eris and theirs isnt working either.... Cannot get in to my pictures.. Would love to see my others daughters pic of her ultrasound...... and Hubby is getting irratated beacuse I dont have mafia wars to occupy my extra time....

AND when is the Adobe Flash coming out... Bought this supposily wonderfull phone but.. i am have doubts... cannot play any of the fun games ...

Please verizon ... get it together !!!!!!!! Help Us out !!!!!!!!

0 Likes
tlucero

What application can I download so I can do everything I want to do on Facebook from my Moto Droid?

0 Likes
szq1977

I am having the same exact issue.  Up until Monday I was able to get around all of facebook - games, photos, etc.  Now, anything else except for the main page is just a blank white screen.  Has anyone figured anything out about this yet?  So frustrating!

0 Likes
mdd1031

started working again out of the blue early Friday morning, not sure why or how. I am happy though lol

0 Likes
skizzle

I have also had problems getting the full site to load on my Motorola Droid, but my friend can get the full site still, so I don't know if it's something to do with my phone or Facebook settings. When I choose full site at the bottom of the screen, it just automatically changes back to the touch site.

I downloaded the Dolphin browser and was able to get the full Facebook site running. Hope that helps..

0 Likes
Kitten_Call
What the ? Been delaying Facebook for a while now. Mostly because I am Too Busy to keep up with it. Forget it LOL. If this is what it can do to people - maybe I need to wait - prefer less unnecessary stress. Thanks for the heads up Puurr
0 Likes