Droid & Mac
chasetwichell

Will a Droid sync with Mac calendar and address book? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Droid & Mac
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been searching for a solution for this. I can drag and drop anything on the sd card but, as far as sync with certain folders and thru or with native macintosh software on a macbookpro,  I haven't found anything except a few sync apps that are designed for Microsoft PC. I did see that there have been requests and comments asking about this, So i see others  who own Macinstosh os's are concerned. This has been an road block with smartphones. Anyone have a solutions for this?

thanks in advance!

john5152

0 Likes
racetravis

You can subscribe your Address Book in Mac to sync with Gmail Contacts in the Address Book preferences, and you can sync all your Google Calendars with iCal, in iCals settings. Play around in the settings, they're there....

0 Likes
MRD1950

Won't sync like an iPhone does.  But, you can go to www.markspace.com and download an application called Missing Sync.  You also have to download the app on your phone thru the Android Market. Once you've done these two steps you have to pair the phone with the mac--works thru either bluetooth or wi-fi.  It will sync your calendar and contacts really quickly and works great EXCEPT if your contacts are in Entourage and alphabetized by last name, they will sync to the droid alphabetized by first name.  Apparently there's no way around this.  But, if you try to search for a contact and type in last name, it comes up ok.  Don't ask me to explain.  Be sure to look at and print out download and syncing instructions from the markspace.com website and follow them carefully.

0 Likes
TSSQUARE

Do you know if the software on Markspace.com will work with Droid 2?  According to the product description it will work with version 1 but says nothing about 2.  Should I just assume????  Couldn't find a contact link to ask company.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Droid2Fan

Yes, absolutely.  They support Droid 2 as well.  I had all my contacts/calendar up to date, on my Mac and configured the Contacts and Calendar plugins to use the 'desktop overwrites device'  to get my phone up to date,   now I use 'synchronize'  ... so far,   working great for me. 

0 Likes