Droid MultiMedia docking station display without the Droid MultiMedia docking station
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

Just downloaded a really neat app - DockRunner. Toggles the MultiMedia docking station display on/off without needing the MultiMedia docking station - FREE!  I've been using it today and it is working fine. Very easy to toggle the MultiMedia display on and off - no problems. ONLY FOR DROID! I have Home++ installed as well and no problem with DockRunner. Just saved $30.

Oops! Seems to lock phone in landscape mode. I've had the phone in landscape mode today and did not realize that until I stopped the DockRunner app and noticed that the phone would not go into portrait mode. I did a Alt/Shift/Del reboot and all is well. Still not a bad app for night. Until the landscape problem gets fixed just reboot in the morning.  I plan to keep using it.

0 Likes
Re: Droid MultiMedia docking station display without the Droid MultiMedia docking station
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

Ignore Oops in previous post. App works OK. Just need to execute it again to toggle it off and screen goes back to portrait mode.

Sent email to developer and got almost immediate response. I was closing app rather than executing it again. I will be using it tonight as a multimedia dock without the physical dock. Now I can look for a simple stand to hold unit. No need for the $30 dock with the magnets. Also nice to go into multimedia mode anywhere with out the need for a dock.

0 Likes
Re: Droid MultiMedia docking station display without the Droid MultiMedia docking station
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

M_R_L wrote:

Ignore Oops in previous post. App works OK. Just need to execute it again to toggle it off and screen goes back to portrait mode.

Sent email to developer and got almost immediate response. I was closing app rather than executing it again. I will be using it tonight as a multimedia dock without the physical dock. Now I can look for a simple stand to hold unit. No need for the $30 dock with the magnets. Also nice to go into multimedia mode anywhere with out the need for a dock.

http://www.amazon.com/iZel-Innovative-Hands-free-Viewing-Blackberry/dp/B001DUAQTQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8...

still paying $25, but awesome stand.

0 Likes
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

Nice stand. I am now looking for a stand now that I do not need the one from Verizon for $30 with the magnets to turn on MultiMedia mode.

I like that it can accommodate either portrait or landscape mode.  Makes it a more versatile stand.

0 Likes
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

another stand

How about this very simple stand to hold the Droid while in MultiMedia mode (at $4)?

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

for landscape it might work but for portrait, i dont think i want to trust that after dropping 600 for my droid.

there is another website dedicated to the droid, droidforum, and someone cut up the droid box to simulate the dock, along with magnets. all for free.

0 Likes
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

willanaya wrote:

for landscape it might work but for portrait, i dont think i want to trust that after dropping 600 for my droid.

there is another website dedicated to the droid, droidforum, and someone cut up the droid box to simulate the dock, along with magnets. all for free.

Why worry about magnets. I used DockRunner (free app) last night and had the phone on my night stand. Works perfectly. With DockRunner you do not need the magnets and can put the Droid in MultiMedia mode at any time.  I am still looking for a simple stand for the phone.  The $4 stand probably is unstable in portrait mode.

0 Likes
dino67

ezestand.com  12.99 free shipping  works great,cant beat it,holds droid and other smartphones,quality product

0 Likes