Droid WIFI useless
DJA984

Adding my 2 cents...  there is an issue with this devices wifi, and it needs to be addressed.  I get network errors, can't connect errors, slower than 3g (isn't this the point of using wifi to begin with?) etc. only when on WIFI.  WPA2 at home and WPA1 at work.  both have issues. 

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Droid WIFI useless
Mickeym88

Disagree.  My wifi worked great and my only concern is that I make sure I turn it off when I am not using it..  There's an app for that!   Check your wifi settings as mine work great on my fios network in my house...

0 Likes
Easton091
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also tried WiFi once at a bar, and it worked fine.  Maybe its the WiFi connection you were trying to use that was messed up?

0 Likes
powderhoundrich

I'm getting consistently 7 Mbps on my home connection on my Droid, verified by the speedtest app.  If anything, my Droid actually does better than my laptop at staying consistantly connected to my wifi :robothappy:

0 Likes
jimblock590923

I have an issue that when i connet to wifi, and then try to connect to the app store, i cant

0 Likes
DJA984

Yup, app store is a problem for me as well over wifi. 

0 Likes
Backnblack

Wifi screams for me.....

0 Likes
rjones

Wifi works flawlessly. I'm getting better page fills on my DROID than I get on my laptop. I've also used open public wifi on two occasions without a hiccup. 3g is also very high performance compared to my old Palm using the standard Verizon Web service. For most things like email, I can't tell the difference between 3g and wifi. This phone's performance is phenomenal compared to what was available just a year or two ago. Most wifi problems are with the wireless router systems which are improperly set up.

0 Likes
dknight0

the wifi on both of my droids is spotty at best... works great for about 15 minutes, then starts to flkae-out.. drops wfifi altogether (and not at the same time on both droids... and other devices on the same linksys g wireless netowrk stay connected, incl my laptops and blackberry)... It happens to me at work too... if I'm on wifi connection, I'm lucky if i get 15 minuites of uninterrupted network time. I have changed advanced settings to never sleep wifi and also tried apps like wififixer... no go. still disconnects. it will say 'not in range' when I am sitting right next to the router.

sometimes I can get it to reconnect by:

1. boucning wifi a few times (sometimes 1 time will do it. other times it takes 3or 4 tries)

2. forgetting the router, then reconnecting (and re-entering the password)

3. turning-off wifi, then 'forgetting' the router, turning wifi back on, then re-entering the router password.

4. rebooting the phone

5. powering the phoen off, then pulling battery.. this last option ALWAYS works to get me reconnected, but is obviously last resort.

all during this time, my other droid is still on and using the wifi (as are my other devices)... but both droids do have the same problem (just not at the same times).

i look at my connectiosn tables on my router and am in no way overtaxing my dhcp or routing capabilities.

anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Likes
andreo

The Wi-Fi on my Droid works. But depeding on the situation it can be a pain.

If I'm on a call using bluetooth and a try to connect to wi-fi the wi-fi will not connect and my bluetooth connection will start dropping out while the wi-fi is trying to connect.

If wi-fi is already connected and I make a call bluetooth and wi-fi will continue working fine.

Also slightly off topic. My Droid will not switch gracefully from one bluetooth device to another.

For example. I'm on a call using bluetooth over the car's radio. I turn on the bluetooth headset (which is only paired with the phone). I turn off the car (and radio) the phone will not switch to the headset until I turn off bluetooth on the phone and turn it back on.

I've tried having the headset on before turning off the car bluetooth and after turning off the car radio.

0 Likes