Email & Trash Refresh/Sync
yogajan

I have been unsuccessful at figuring out how I can delete all the messages from my 'trash'.  I would also like to find out if I can delete all messages sync to my Droid email, at one time, much like the Blackberry.  I am also recently experiencing that messages deleted from my in box, resurface there; if deleted more than once, they just keep duplicating in the trash box.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Email & Trash Refresh/Sync
lsp

I'm having the same problems.  So far all I've been able to do is delete one message at a time.  It will take forever. . .

0 Likes
GreySeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kind of a strange problem, huh?  I have the same thing, but I use K-9 Mail.

What I found is if you long press on the trash folder, pick "delete all', then go into the folder and just leave it again.  Go back to the folder list, long press on 'trash', pick empty trash again, then go into the trash folder, leave, etc....

Hope that made sense.  I found that by doing that, you end up deleting anywhere from 2 to 20 messages at a time.  Like I said, a little strange, but better than one at a time.

0 Likes
lsp

I did what you suggested and by holding the trash icon, I get Open and Refresh. . .no delete anything.  I can see I have a bunch of messages in the folder though.

0 Likes
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

lsp wrote:

I did what you suggested and by holding the trash icon, I get Open and Refresh. . .no delete anything.  I can see I have a bunch of messages in the folder though.

That's because you probably don't have K9 mail. I am guessing that you have the stock email.

0 Likes
lsp

I don't know the difference between stock and K9 mail.  I just use my yahoo email that is the same on my computer.  Wrong thing to do?

0 Likes
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

lsp wrote:

I don't know the difference between stock and K9 mail.  I just use my yahoo email that is the same on my computer.  Wrong thing to do?

I don't know that "wrong" is the correct word. It really is just a matter of personal preference. K9 mail is a free app that you can download from the market. It is a little more customizable.

0 Likes
lsp

OK, thanks for your help.  I'm going to check out that app.  I have so much to learn about this phone.  I could use the "Droid for Dummies". 

0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

Does anyone know how to empty the trash in the stock email app? Tried downloading K-9 but it proved unstable for me. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
GreySeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

seabright wrote:

Does anyone know how to empty the trash in the stock email app? Tried downloading K-9 but it proved unstable for me. 

Thanks!

In the stock email app, while in the trash folder showing the list of messages, you will see little checkboxes in the left corner of each message subject.  Click on each one of those boxes to select them.  After selecting all that you want to delete, select 'delete' from the menu at the bottom. 

They will all be deleted.  Be patient, if you have alot of them, it takes a few seconds before anything happens.

0 Likes