Email quit working
bowens2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had my Droid for about 5 or 6 days and the isp email account was working fine. After looking out my emails and playing around with my phone for about 1/2 hr, I plugged it into charge for the night but the next morning it would not turn on. I called Verizon and the had me pop the battery. I turned it back on and thought everything was fine. Two days later I noticed I had not receive any emails since the night my phone stopped. I checked the settings and they were correct. I went to a Verizon store and the girl there deleted my email account. She couldn't figure anything out and told me to check with my server. I contacted my server and they have not responded except with an automatic message but I am receiving my emails everywhere (3 computers) except my phone. I tried my personal account and my business account neither will load. I am getting really upset about it. I wish I would have stayed with the Blackberry.  I get thru the incoming but once I get to the outgoing (smtp) it says it cannot connect to the server.   What in the world am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email quit working
bowens2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply. I did a search on emails and after going thru quite a few. I found one about changing the outgoing port. I changed the port setting 587 to 25 and it worked even though it was working on the 587 port before. The girl at Verizon and over the phone could not figure this out.

Thank goodness for this forum.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheBowers

I had the same problem with my gmail account not automatically checking for mail. What I did was go to settings, privacy, and reset. Having used a WM phone before, I thought it would do a hard reset and I would have to reinstall everything. Not at all, it backed up all the apps and everything was still there. It just reset all settings. This worked for my gmail, but you situation could be different.

0 Likes
bowens2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply. I did a search on emails and after going thru quite a few. I found one about changing the outgoing port. I changed the port setting 587 to 25 and it worked even though it was working on the 587 port before. The girl at Verizon and over the phone could not figure this out.

Thank goodness for this forum.

0 Likes
judester

I had a similar problem on and off for the month I've had my new Droid. Gmail worked fine on the Droid, but other POP3 service was sporadic. Was off one day and no email on Droid. Logged in to POP server via the computer and had 40+ emails waiting. Couldn't get them to load onto the Droid even though testing the incoming and outgoing connection worked fine. Finally read in another thread about K-9 Mail. Downloaded that app - it seems to be working more consistently.

0 Likes
Re: Email quit working - Will they fix the app
ibm650

The built in app is awful, using k9, but k9 has an issue with TLS, would be nice if the default app worked, yes I reset, I got multiple stopped working

0 Likes