Env2 Apps
env2fan
With all the competition of free apps for iPhone et al, why aren't there free apps for the Lg Env2?  There are free trials, but it seems almost everything comes at a cost.  Is there not a development platform for independents?  I'm considering the Env3 or the Touch, but would be hesitant if I have to shell out cash for every app.  Does anyone have any information on this topic?  I've searched the web without any luck.  Thank you in advance.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Env2 Apps
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

There are very very few free apps that VZW offers. GIN is there way of nickel and dime their loyal customers. The current are free as far as I know ( at least I don't get charged )

1) Backup assistant ( if you have an online account )
2) Get it now search
3) V Cast Song ID

the next two apps are free if you have a premium plan

1) VZ Navigator
2) Mobile Email

VZW don't give back and ALWAYS trys ways of draining everyone's pockets for features that are free with a lot other carriers

BLAH! ! ! !

Message Edited by Carm on 06-18-2009 12:42 PM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

Currently all VZW apps have fees :smileysad: With the exception of Backup Assistant for My Account users.

The Blackberries are slowly introducing free apps as RIM finally set up an app market similar to Apples. But nothing yet available for normal phones.

If anyone has found free phone apps, do share :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

There are very very few free apps that VZW offers. GIN is there way of nickel and dime their loyal customers. The current are free as far as I know ( at least I don't get charged )

1) Backup assistant ( if you have an online account )
2) Get it now search
3) V Cast Song ID

the next two apps are free if you have a premium plan

1) VZ Navigator
2) Mobile Email

VZW don't give back and ALWAYS trys ways of draining everyone's pockets for features that are free with a lot other carriers

BLAH! ! ! !

Message Edited by Carm on 06-18-2009 12:42 PM
0 Likes
env2fan
I have pretty much been a loyal fan of Lg phones.  And they ARE good.  But if there aren't any resources for free apps, I might consider a switch to Crackberry.  For instance, they have FREE pandora mobile, CarFinder, GoogleMaps, Facebook, Twitterberry, and host of other freebies.  Okay, most of these are just for fun, but I would like to connect to my Exchange Server without shelling out $10/month for RemoSync (I do have the data plan).
0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

I hear ya there. I almost purchased the Storm. But after how it acts with my Brother I choose against it. The Tour doesn't come out for I think 2 more months? I keep hearing different dates lol. July 13th, 19th and then Sept 9th.

0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

I found out from a friend of mine that you can install a hybrid OS on the blackberry storms. You can look at on crackberry DOTCOM..LOL and you may have better success with one of those NON VZW branded OS that not full of bugs and locked down features.

0 Likes