Error message in android market
mlemmens

When i got the new android market now when i go into the market and then go to my app to check for updates i get an error message (a server error has occurred. Retry or cancel and then just crashes anyone seeing this need help.

0 Likes
Re: Error message in android market
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

I am complaining about the same issue over on the Droid Incrediable forum.  Reverting back to the older market causes even more issues sadly as well.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Might want to try clearing cache and data if available for the market application with a force stop if it is currently running. Then try again. If you already have tried that yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Ann154, but that doesn't help.  Even did a factory reset, and it's doing it right after a factory reset with no changes to the phone.

Lots of people are starting to complain to Google.  Think it's related to the new market update:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/label?lid=7dc8a5c590cd22ee&hl=en

I am sure more people will start complaining on here too.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Do u Have the New 2.2.7 Version At ur Main Screen Tap the menu then Settings then Applications Manage Applicatins Scroll Down to Market an It'll be in the Upper Right Corner it should tell ya ur Version.  At 6:40 am this Morning checked the Market Both By Wi-Fi an 3G An No Problem it could've been a Flook at the time with Google as they said they Would be doing improvements over the Next Two Weeks I Know it took 2 days after launch to get it on my Dinc were it took a little longer on my D X. I would Try what Ann said Again an if then it still has Problems call Teck or if ur under the 30 day Window try to return it for a New one. Also it maybee u have a App that could be Possibly Interfearing with it.!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

On your device you will want to do a soft reset by powering the device off for 5 seconds then power back on. Once powered back on, you will dial *228 and press send. You will be provided with options to select and you will select option 1 to re-program your device. Your phone will then reboot after the process has been completed.

0 Likes