Facebook Error for DROID
Cmverduz

Everytime I go to the facebook app it tells me. "An error has occured while fetching data [null]" this has been happening for the past 2 days. Any ideas why or how to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Facebook Error for DROID
momx3drr

I'm getting the same error message when I attempt to get on facebook.  I even reinstalled FB thinking that might be the problem but it didn't help.  I'm going to Verizon tomorrow if I'm still getting this error message.  I'm also having problems with my battery not fully charging overnight so I'll address that issue as well. 

0 Likes
Sandra55

I am gettng the same error, and so are my two daughters.   We have been this error for two days.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it's because the fb app for android is awful! i know it would be really cool to have a great app to use for fb, but one does not exist. have you ever tried just using the mobile fb page? it's great. it's nearly as good as being on your pc. it's faster than the app, you actually get all of your notifications and you can do everything, and then some, that you can do with the app. try it. just bookmark it (or create a shortcut) in your web browser. it is SOOOO much better than using the app. if you jus go to fb ob your browser, your phone should open the mobile version of the site by default. when you use the app and one to comment on a notification, it just takes to the mobile site anyway....so you've prolly been using the mobile site half the time you go into that app.

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Our technical support is currently working to resolve the issue of the facebook application. As a work around they advise using the browser to access facebook.

0 Likes
sarahlisbeth84

I agree--I use Facebook in my browser all the time instead of the Facebook app. However, you do have to upload pictures using the Facebook app, so when mine wasn't working that caused problems. But I realized the other day that I had recently changed my Facebook password. So I logged out on the FB app, and logged back in with my new password. It's worked fine ever since.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

sarah....just so you know, you can email or pixt photos to your fb. it's fast and easy, and if the app is having problems, your not at the mercy of it. i don't know if you've ever linked your phone # to your fb account,....but if you have then they sent you your own specific 5 digit # ( and an email address) to sent text updates to your fb. you can send text or pics to this number. it's prolly also easier and faster than using the app? you can then customize who you want to get text alerts from, what type of text alerts you do and don't want, etc. it's almost like creating your own personal app. i love it! i did this with an old phone because i didn't have a data plan, but i had unlimited texts. i still use the text alerts, etc. because it's STILL better than the app....lol

0 Likes
sarahlisbeth84

LOL I seriously never even thought to try that. It's just easier to customize if you upload it via the FB app. But at least it's working now for me so it's a non-issue! That's pretty much all I use the FB app for.

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

I was having the same error issue with the FB app for the last two days, and so was my wife.  We are using the HTC Incredible.  However, the problem seemed to be resolved as of this morning.  We are able to get into the FB app and use it with no problems today.

0 Likes