Facebook on motorola droid
Jnnlz0399

I instaled facebook on my droid and i dont get any notification except for messages. but nothing on comments blogs or anything like that. ive checked setting i even unistalled and reinstalled. nothing. Anyone else with this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Facebook on motorola droid
Kipman
Enthusiast - Level 1

My issue is opposite.  I'm getting all the messages and I've tried everything on the Droid to stop them and they still keep showing up.  

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

not sure as i don't use notifications with the app. i just have my fb account (from a pc) settings set to text me whatever type of alerts i want. it's much better and much more accurate. all i can tell you is that the fb app for android is the worst fb app out there (bb and iphone are much better). it has come a long way since i first got a droid....but it's still bad. i use the app to play around with but have the "notifications" turned off (in the fb app). i set up my account to send text alerts and they come right away. i also use the mobile site (www.m.facebook.com) many times instead of the app. yes....that's correct.....in order for me to do what i want with fb i have to use a shortcut to the mobile site, text alerts, the fb app....AND an app called qik (to instantly stream video to my fb page). if notifications is on, then it is supposed to give you notifications....if it's not on then you shouldn't recieve them. i've seen many people NOT getting their notifications....but you are the first that i've seen turn off the notifications, but still get them??? you're not talking about text alerts are you?

0 Likes
vlashells

I have had the same problems for about 2 weeks now. I am paying an awful amount for having 3 Droids and cannot recieve anything but messages. Also I have never been able to play any of the Facebook games either!!! I am so mad about this and have emailed both companies and cannot get any kind of response from anyone. If you find out anything, let me know on here and I will do the same.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

do any of your droids run 2.2 (with flash)? if so, then you should be able to play the games. i play mafia wars from my incredible (not an app or mobile version or anything....the real deal...just as if i'm at a pc). the fb app is lame. that's not google or verizon's fault though. whoever developed it did a poor job as compared to the fb app for iphone and blackberry.

0 Likes