Facebook v1.2 app - cannot uninstall
jmayo110

When I first got my Droid (just the regular Motorola one) I installed the Facebook app, version 1.2.

I'm trying to completely uninstall the app, but am having some trouble. When I go into "Manage apps" from the Settings menu, it's not showing up in my Downloaded list. It does show up in the "All" list, however. But when I open that up, my only option is to Force Stop (even after I've quit the app with ATK). The button to Uninstall is continually grayed out.

I'm at a loss. How do I delete this app??

0 Likes
Re: Facebook v1.2 app - cannot uninstall
Wildman
Legend

Did you back up the original apk before you updated to the new version? If so just install from the apk and it should alllow you to over ride the new one, it is always wise to backup your apk files before dong a update for situation just like this.

If you do not have the original backed up I am sure you should be able to Google for that version and someone may have it or check the face book download page, they may allow you to download the previous version from their server also.

0 Likes
Re: Facebook v1.2 app - cannot uninstall
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
The facebook app is included as a system app on the droid therefore, it cannot be uninstalled.
0 Likes