Failed App Update, won't stop trying.
Fallendice

I have been using Better Keyboard since I purchased my phone a year ago.  Last week it tried to update and hasn't stopped trying since.  I have tried turning my phone off, still come back to the same thing.  I removed the battery, still powered it on and found it trying to download the update.  I tried uninstalling it, even though I no longer have the app, Marketplace is still trying to download that update.  This process is now killing my battery as it's attempting this download the entire time my phone is powered on.  I cleared my cache for Marketplace, but this also has not changed a thing.  Anyone have a similar experience, or any ideas on how to end this.  Every time I try and cancel the download, I get a force close/report message.  I have reported this, and if I force close, it just comes right back.  Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Re: Failed App Update, won't stop trying.
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1
I had a Market app hang on me like that just last night. This morning it was still trying.
A battery pull cleared it.
0 Likes
Fallendice

Tried again with the battery.  Even pulled the SD card and Battery, still powers on and continues to say downloading.  Only thing I haven't tried is to clear data for Marketplace.  Says All of this application's data will be deleted permanently.  This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases and so on.  Not sure what that means for my apps so I've been reluctant to do that.

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

At this point, what have you got to lose?

Have you tried a Ctrl-Alt-Delete keyboard reset? 

I'm not really sure is f that differs much (if any) from a battery pull though... might be worth a shot.

0 Likes