Favorite Apps?
Haggie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know some people are going thru some pain as they get their phones config'ed but I want to say kudos to Motorola, Google, and Verizon for an amazing phone!

Here are my favorite apps so far:

-Shazam - Identifies music that is playing

-Twidroid - Twitter

-Locale - Change settings automatically based on location

-ES File Explorer - Copying files from home PC or NAS drive over WiFi

-NewsRob - RSS reader that syncs with Google Reader

-Qik - Video recorder with auto-upload

-Photoshop - Clean up pics before you upload

-TuneWiki - Ok player, but sync'ed lyrics are really cool

-TasKiller - Kill unused tasks to save memory

What other "must have" applications are out there?

0 Likes
Re: Favorite Apps?
fatalysis

Weatherbug for weather

Astrid for to do lists

Ringroid for DIY ringtones

0 Likes
amitjusc

I am against using TaskKiller as it is more likely to cause problems than fix them.  The built-in task killer should be good enough, but in case of doubt, you can always reboot the phone. 

I read books on my phone (screw Kindles) so Documents To Go Full Version is essential to me.  it is on sale for $14.99 until 11/16.  The free version doesn't allow using zoom or bookmarks, so I nneded the full version.

Google Sky Map is awesome...just point your phone to the sky and it identifies constellations, planets, etc.

Key Ring Rewards Cards converts your bar coded key ring cards to digital, so uyou don;t have to carry them on your keys anymore (although you may not want to hand your phone to the clerk at a supermarket to swipe it).

Spare Parts is an essential one to help you customize your phone and monitor battery usage.

0 Likes
Groid

Are you really using the keyring rewards app?  The website says it doesn't work on droids.

0 Likes
Stickyfii

How do you access the built-in task killer?

0 Likes
amitjusc

To access the built-in task killer, go to Settings > Applications > Running Services

I haven't used the KeyRing app as of yet, but I saw it on a site that was talking about the 10 must-have DROID apps.

0 Likes
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

I am curious as to what are some new apps that people really like. I haven't seen any recent posts on this.

Thanks!

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

ksxox10 wrote:

I am curious as to what are some new apps that people really like. I haven't seen any recent posts on this.

Thanks!

I recently installed a new app that is called Jewels. I have the 8 Footprints app too. I really like both apps.

0 Likes
imragtop
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are 2 or 3 different threads about favorite apps on this forum;

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16246

0 Likes
joanray1

My favorite app by far is "Where."  It has the weather, news, reviews, offers, movies, gas prices, traffic, restaurants in the area that you are located in.  It will find your location by GPS or manually and you can find all of these services in that location.  Really cool!

0 Likes