FindMyCar App for Droid? also, My Contacts is gone!
gr8asm0

I have 2 questions, as indicated in the subject.

i'm looking for an app similar to the FindMyCar app, where you can pin your starting location and the phone leaves breadcrumbs to get you back to your starting point.

also, the first day i had my phone i deleted the contacts, and now i can't get it back. does anyone know how/if you can get this back? if not, is there an alternative.  the People app seems pretty sloggy.

thanks!

droid newbie!

0 Likes
Re: FindMyCar App for Droid? also, My Contacts is gone!
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

gr8asm0 wrote:

I have 2 questions, as indicated in the subject.

i'm looking for an app similar to the FindMyCar app, where you can pin your starting location and the phone leaves breadcrumbs to get you back to your starting point.

also, the first day i had my phone i deleted the contacts, and now i can't get it back. does anyone know how/if you can get this back? if not, is there an alternative.  the People app seems pretty sloggy.

thanks!

droid newbie!

Hello,

Carr Matey is similar to FindMyCar. It is free from the market.

0 Likes
GreySeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I prefer "Car Locator" by Edward Kim.  It's not free, but it's only $1.99, and it works extremely well.  Edward is constantly updating the app.  One of the latest features is a very cool sonar sound that goes along with the radar screen.  Geeky, but I like it.  It will also take a picture of where you are, you can add notes, and store multiple spots.

As for your contacts, if you have them anywhere stored, there are ways to get them back into your gmail account, which will automatically update on the phone.  I did this myself, but can't remember right now how I got them back.  If you look on the computer at you gmail account, I believe it says somewhere there how to do it.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Where did I park.

Nav4All (pretty decent GPS program too the voice is easier to listen to than Google maps with navigation and it has POI searches and the where did I park feature) I still have yet to get into the habit of using it since I tend to use superpages to do local searches and then let it send me to maps when I find something.  So I don't use Nav4All but I also don't use where did I park like ever.  There were others that do it but those are the only ones I kept.  I may get rid of them too just thought they would be nice if I was traveling and was going to park and spend the day walking around that is when I tend to forget where I parked.

0 Likes