Fios Mobile Remote Widget Missing
Schultzey

Hi all,

I was using the Fios Mobile Remote app just fine about a week ago. This week when I tried to use it I received a message that it was unable to connect. I then proceeded to reinstall the app and set it up freshly. When I went to look for the mobile remote widget in the widget bazaar it was not there. Very bazaar! Does anyone have any input on how to get the widget back or advice on a better app? I know it’s kind of silly when you can just use the remote, but I think it’s really neat (And fun to show off). Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Mobile Remote Widget Missing
budone
Legend

Are you in an area of Oregon where Verizon Fios became Frontier?  I know those who are now Frontier Fios lost many remote options to the service.

Although, on the Incredible I just searched Fios in the market and the app you speak of is there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Are you in an area of Oregon where Verizon Fios became Frontier?  I know those who are now Frontier Fios lost many remote options to the service.

Although, on the Incredible I just searched Fios in the market and the app you speak of is there.

0 Likes
Schultzey

Yes I am in Oregon. The change from Fios to Frontier is why the widget is missing. Thanks. I hope there will be a Frontier remote app out soon.

0 Likes
Schultzey

I also found this with the proper search tags in google:

Dear FiOS® TV Customer:

There will be several changes to your FiOS TV service starting on July 1, 2010. The Verizon FiOS Media Manager PC application feature and the Verizon FiOS TV Central website will be discontinued in your area.

As a result, the following FiOS TV Central functionalities will no longer be available:

* Remote DVR access online
* FiOS Mobile Remote
* FiOS TV Online

However, you will still be able to browse through a comprehensive Video On Demand library and order the movie or Pay Per View title of your choice easily through your remote control. Plus, you will continue to enjoy the powerful features of your Multi Room DVR and other FiOS TV services using the easy to navigate Interactive Media Guide through your FiOS TV remote control.

We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause you.

Thank you for choosing FiOS TV!

0 Likes
jeffkenton

That stinks, because it's not our fault Verizon decided to sell portions of their service.  Frontier should have kept the SAME services that we had before they took over all us PAYING customers.  Verizon should have cared about their customers that chose them for their service and made sure Frontier kept the same freatures we are paying for. 

So for the last poster to promote services / freatures that are paying for but no results for the services we don't have anymore but still pay for is no help at all.  My bill did not decrease after Frontier took us over, did yours?  Betting not........

0 Likes