Flash Player
cst1

I was so excited when I saw that Froyo 2.2 is finally made available for my Droid by Motorola, mainly because, I thought that I can now download flash player 10.01 which has been released for 2.2 a few weeks back. Now I find out , I still have to wait several more weeks, possibly even into next year, I am now more than disappointed. I am simply too tired to wait for it any longer, Will some one please wake me up when Adobe, Android, and Motorola finally decide to release a flash player that will download without out giving out errors. so I can go to all my websites that do not load now, watch some TV shows etc. Why is it taking so so long?!!

0 Likes
Re: Flash Player
oegeorge

It is available, just not through the market.  If you are modestly competent, you can google seach for it, download the flash player 10.1 .apk file to your computer, after which you install it on your droid and run it.   Basically, the procedure looks like this:

1. Enable droid to allow installation from 3rd party sources [menu, applications, check the allow box]

2. Go to market and search for and install apkinstaller [.apk is file extension for android app files]

3. Attach your droid to your computer with the usb cable

4. mount the device so it shows up as a drive [when you connect the droid with the usb cable, select the option to "mount" the device]

5. copy the apk file to your sd card

6. open the apkinstaller app

7. it will show files on your sd card.  Tap the apk file to run the installer

8. tap install

check out http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCLJY2D4 for the .apk

On the other hand, strong rumor has it that the newest Froyo with flash is going OTA starting today...I'm just sayin'

0 Likes
cst1

Just when I thought, I can take a long nap, Oegeorge comes along and wakes me up already! Thanks a bunch man, it worked like a charm, your instructions and the link worked without a hitch, I would highly recommend Oegeorge's post to any one wishing to install flash player on the Droid. This is what I have been waiting for months and now in a matter of few minutes, Walla! it is in and working like a Champ!!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

can you do this on 2.1 or do you have to be running 2.2?

0 Likes
chcoutreach

Dude! It worked! Sweet! Follow dude's instructions and you're on your way to flash bliss. If I can do it, anyone can.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

are you all running 2.2? i'm on 2.1 and don't want to mess up my device. can you let me know if you are all on 2.2?

0 Likes
cst1

Yes, you have to have 2.2, If you have Motorola Droid,, you should be able to download 2.2 from Verizon as an automatic system update. Go to Menu, Settings,About phone, System updates.

0 Likes
eddiejt

wow, i have had flash for months on my droid1.

{edit for TOS violation}

0 Likes
eddiejt

LOL OEGEORGE, Joke of the day. The new update should be rolling out today. LMAO. you'll be saying that for a a month or more. Update? yep beginning on the first, oh sorry the 16th, woops once again, maybe the 26th. lol

0 Likes
dirtboy

I followed the instructions to try to get Flash player from Megaupload.  It didn't work for me.  When I was checking some other videos that had previously worked, I found that all video formats received error messages.  The camera video doesn't even work now.  Do you have to be 'rooted' for this to work?  Did apkinstall or changing to 'allow third party installation' mess up system files?

I saw another thread that talked about the build.prop file in the system folder.  I changed the stagefright media lines to "false" but could not save the changed file back into the system folder.  do you need to be rooted for that?  I wondered about the upgrade to 2.2 messing me up, but I think I played some video before trying the Flash addition. 

0 Likes