Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flash downloaded to my phone!?...
jesterz

Last night I saw a download icon in the status bar of my phone.  So naturally, I opened up the tray and saw to my amazement what looks like an tarball labled: install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.  I was prompted to extract it and I did.  I was practically jumping up and down.  Then, I loaded the first website I could think of using flash... movies.yahoo.com.  But much to my disappointment nothing loaded in the home page that was flash related.  So, I went digging and found the extracted file.  It appears to be only a library file titled: libflashplayer.so.  I attempted to open it and Android messaged back saying cannot open file.  Then, I attempted to move it to the lib folder, but I guess because I don't have root access Android won't allow it to be copied there.

Long story short, I have what appears to be a flash related library file but no working flash player installation.  If anyone has this going on and can assist me in getting it working, that would be freakin' awesome.

0 Likes
Re: Flash downloaded to my phone!?...
logicman
Novice

Did you sign up to be a Flash beta tester?

0 Likes
Re: Flash downloaded to my phone!?...
jesterz

No that's the weird thing...  You think it got sent to me by mistake.  Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case...

0 Likes