Flash player
Alleycat864

Hello all... Does anyone know when the Adobe Flash Player will be available for the Motorola Droid?

0 Likes
Re: Flash player
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
You can view SOME flash videos already using skyfire browser. Its rumored that froyo (2.2) will be out in a few months, which will have full flash.
0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi!  I understand you want to know when the Motorola Droid will have Adobe Flash.  Reallynicguy is correct!   When the 2.2 software is released, you will have flash.  We will notify customers when we are aware of a date. 

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
VICPIM

Will this same flash be available for the Incredible?

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

VICPIM wrote:

Will this same flash be available for the Incredible?

Of course.  Just as soon as Google finishes Froyo and HTC finishes Sensifying Froyo and Verizon finishes testing Froyo and HTC finishes fixing Froyo and Verizon finishes testing Froyo again and approves it and schedules the update rollout. Then reschedules the rollout because of issues with the third party that is issuing the rollout then delays the rollout because a new phone is released, The the rollout starts, then it stops because there is an issue with the way it is installing on the phone and not backing stuff up properly so then they reschedule again while the rollout people fix whatever it is that backs stuff up then the delay from the repair being delayed because of a part shortage at Cisco (which is driving me insane at my company too believe me) and then the rollout goes out without a hitch taking approximately 2 weeks to complete.    Then we will have the ability to download Flash.

Same for all the phones on Verizon just replace HTC with the appropriate manufacturer and Sense with the appropriate user interface.  For the plain Android phones just take the thought out.  Oh and in all of that there will be a lot of debate about how to handle the built in tethering issue.  Verizon isn't going to be the only company up at arms about that little tidbit. 

0 Likes
jeffb2003

I have a LG Ally.  Will Flash become available for this phone as well?  If so, does the download happen automatically?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Steve_CTR

It's available now, go here  to read more.

Thanks!
Steve from Crappy Tech Reviews

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Full flash support will come with the Froyo update. Release date will vary depending on the device.

0 Likes
NotAnDroidRazerMaxxxH

Hi there .

I have th Droid Razr Maxx HD .

Will i b able 2 use it on it ?

Or how about th new Windows 8 phones ?

Thank U

Buster

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a two year old discussion. Couldn't you have responded to a much newer one? The information in this one is extremely out dated

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes