Flashlight app for Droid that uses the camera's LED?
yewslus

If anyone knows of one, I would love to get it...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Flashlight app for Droid that uses the camera's LED?
eclipsed4utoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

MotoTorch is available on the Android Market that uses the camera's LEDs as a flashlight.  It's a widget so it's as simple as adding it to a home screen, click it to turn on the LEDs, then clicking it again to turn off the LEDs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

I've been looking for this also - the blackberry had one.  It's far and away the best solution to a flashlight you will get since it's 1000% times brighter than the screen ones.

0 Likes
eclipsed4utoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

MotoTorch is available on the Android Market that uses the camera's LEDs as a flashlight.  It's a widget so it's as simple as adding it to a home screen, click it to turn on the LEDs, then clicking it again to turn off the LEDs.

0 Likes
eclipsed4utoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

for anybody who bought MotoTorch, listen up....

Alright.... so I have some good news, some bad news, and some OK news.

First, the good news, I have an update ready for MotoTorch. Here are the features I have added:

1. The widget icon will now change depending on whether the LED is on or not.
2. An application has been added. You can now turn on the LEDs from either the widget or application.
3. In the application, you can set whether you want the screen to dim or not using a checkbox. This setting will be for the application and the widget.
4. You can now use the LEDs as a strobe light. There is a configurable field for how long you want the strobe to last(in seconds).
5. You can now send MORSE CODE. Just type in your "message", hit the button, and watch the dots and dashes go to work.

Now for the bad news. When I created the first version of MotoTorch, I had to create a "keystore" which creates a key to sign an application. Google requires that any application that is added to the Market is signed with a key. Somehow, the "keystore" became corrupted or I forgot the password. Since I had to create a new keystore, the Market would not allow me to "update" MotoTorch because of the different keys. So I had to add the new update as a totally new application.

Now the OK news is that since this is my fault, you shouldn't have to suffer. So for the next 3 days, I am giving the application away for free. After those 3 days, it will go back to $.99.

So for those who want to upgrade, you will need to uninstall the old version, then download the new version.

If you have any problems, let me know. Remember that I am always up for suggestions. You can email me directly from the application's page in the Market. Simply click on the "Send email to developer", choose your email client, then send me the email.

Also, the application name has changed a little. It's now MotoTorch LED. I felt it needed to be named something more descriptive.

0 Likes
eclipsed4utoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

MotoTorch LED will be free from now on.  No recharging for the app.

Though, if you like MotoTorch LED, you could donate toward it's continued development. {no soliciting}

0 Likes
adam_losangeles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nice job, very useful.

0 Likes
bufbarnaby

Great job. iPhone users have no LED...let alone two.:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes