For Readers NOOK is released for Android
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Finally the best ereader stores are all on Android now.  Barnes and Noble Nook is now on Android, Kindle came to Android earlier this month, Kobo finally came to Android replacing the Shortcovers app, and you can get the Borders app that basically is the same as Kobo but with a few more books and a few different prices. 

My readers now

Kobo - Cause I dig ePub and have bought a few books through there one of which because my wife couldn't get it on Kindle

Aldiko - Cause it is free and has a broad selection of free books from classics to independant free books.

Kindle - Cause my wife has a Kindle account and a bunch of books.  We can both read books and discuss them without buying books from two different stores and paying for them twice.

Borders - Cause it supports ePub and is supported by Kobo but adds some content that I was looking for

B&N Nook - Cause I want one it is the most versatile and allows purchase/download from all of the above stores except Kindle.  The app doesn't I don't think but still quite nice.

Anyway kind of nerdy but I am excited.  Most of the high profile apps I was waiting to see are here now.  If we ever get 2.2 then I think I will be all set.  It has all the core functionality upgrades I have been waiting for. 

0 Likes
Re: For Readers NOOK is released for Android
AZSALUKI
Legend

which one do you suggest? i never read books, but thought i'd give an ereader a try. do any of these have anything decent that is free or do you have to buy everything?

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Aldiko is all free books.  I have been reading a bunch of Phillip K Dick books from Aldiko.  There are a ton of classics in it.   All of them have some free content.  Really I like somethings about all of them.  I haven't used the Nook app yet since I haven't bought any books lately but all of them are good but really the Nook and the Kindle would be most helpful if you or a loved one has one of the readers.  You could read some of their books. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

thx

0 Likes
PiperCrab
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for posting this mate. I was worried I wouldn't have a good bookstore like the iBooks on my iTouch, but I will be sure to check these out.

0 Likes