Fustrated to no end with my Droid.
clay2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was a long time AT&T customer and had an Iphone for years, i just recently switched over to Verizon because of all the hype surrounding the Droid now Im not so sure I made the right choice. I have been using this device now having to kill half the **bleep** features just to keep my battery from draining in hours and thats something im not happy about having to do, but its something I have to deal with. I am on my second phone now and I am having problems all over again. the phone will freeze up and go blank. i have to pull the battery just to reset it, i lose all my text messages all the time. they will erase all on there own. what gives????? anyone else having issues like this?

0 Likes
Re: Fustrated to no end with my Droid.
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

First you may want to get task killer.I hear that is a pretty good app. Secondly you may want to consider getting an extended battery for the phone.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Third check and see what is running. I killed off things that do not to be running constantly, or set specific time periods to look to improve my battery life. Using my phone quite extensively yesterday (Pandora, internet, and a ton of text msgs) and my phone lasted 18 hours.

0 Likes
clay2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have already done all that you suggested and I had the battery life corrected, but my problem is the freezing of my home screen, the black out and auto losing all my text messages. its been pretty fustrating as I have already had the phone replaced once and am now having more issues than I was before.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm afraid no app or anything is gonna fix that. you got another bad phone. it's a shame you got a lemon twice, but i think you did. battery life and other complaints are one thing, but if your loosing info and it's freezing up/blacking out, then it's useless. what kind of droid?

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Task killers used inappropriately can freeze your phone.....  

Live wallpapers can freeze your phone when being used with tons of apps and no memory.

Lots of things can freeze Android Phones.

My suggestion and I'm not saying you don't know what you are doing so please don't think that. My suggestion is for you to find someone with this phone say where you can sit with them and compare basic functions/tasks and see what you may be doing wrong. I know in the past I've dealt with Verizon Employees that didn't know the software as well as they claimed so they just reissued me phones later finding out it's something simple. 

I don't know your situation or experience well enough to judge you but I can say that constant freezing or shutting down sounds like the software is being altered thus confusing the operating system and causing errors.

You may as well put half the effort in this anyways because when they come out with Android Froyo 2.2 in the next few months or less we're all going to have to do a little more learning, and redoing some apps/settings. But FROYO is GREAT is it's exciting news!!!

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Taskkillers are fodder for the paranoid.  They don't actually help.  It has been proven time and again throughout these forums that the only thing they are good for is causing problems with your phone. 

If you are having problems with battery life then it isn't the DROID that you have but the DROID Incredible.  It has a vastly underpowered battery and I am not sure why they decided to do that.  You can get better 3rd party batteries but soon there will be extended batteries that will be supported and won't wreck your warranty.  I can't use my Incredible like I used my DROID because it uses too much power with a smaller battery.  With the DROID the only thing I had to remember was leave GPS off until I need it.  Power widget is great for that it will allow you to just push it when you need it and then when you are done push it off.  Without an extended battery I wouldn't leave it running all the time unless you want to charge constantly.

0 Likes
austenholman

I hate my droid as well....just lost all of ocntacts, hate the keyboard screen. OVER IT!!!

0 Likes
clay2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok I am not using a task killer. i have contacted customer service and even went by the store and they showed me the recommended settings to extend battery life. the only other apps i have installed on my phone: mablio ringtones, the weather channel, and movies. if an app like these are causing my phone to mess up then i definately dont want the **bleep** thing. its just very fustrating because i had extemely high hopes for this phone coming from a 3GS, im not sold as of now. i am almost tempted to take the hit and switch back to the iphone.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

If it is the Droid Incredible you just have to wait till the extended battery comes out.  If it is the Motorola Droid then take it back there is a short somewhere.  I can get a full day from the Droid with the GPS on all day. 

0 Likes