GPX file for navigation on HTC TB
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

I am very satisfied with Google maps/navigation on the TB, enough that I will use my phone for navigation rather than using my Garmin 765.  The only drawback for is the fact that I can not figure out a way to load a planned route, gpx file, from my pc and then select it with maps/navigation.  I can get the file to the SD card but I don't have any ideas on how to make maps/navigation select it.  

Thanks for any thoughts and/or help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: GPX file for navigation on HTC TB
Wildman
Legend

You can not use planned routes from another app into Google Map but you can add a location to your favorites and all you have to do is click it to load route with Google Maps...  Open Google Maps and search for address and once you have location all you have to do is click the star in the top right of the address page and from that point when you open navigation you can select route from Favorites..

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab289/wildman3064132/MapFavorites.gif

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You can not use planned routes from another app into Google Map but you can add a location to your favorites and all you have to do is click it to load route with Google Maps...  Open Google Maps and search for address and once you have location all you have to do is click the star in the top right of the address page and from that point when you open navigation you can select route from Favorites..

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab289/wildman3064132/MapFavorites.gif

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

very cool animation. goes way too fast for me to follow. But very cool none the less. Smiley Happy
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

jmccoy70 wrote:

very cool animation. goes way too fast for me to follow. But very cool none the less. Smiley Happy

I will give consideration of that next time I put one together, I tried to keep file sizr small so I kept frames low...

Heres a slower build....

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry didn't mean to sound critical.

I'm a VIG and so an animation that might be a little too fast for me to follow might be just fine for the OP. Smiley Happy

In any event your effort is appreciated.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I didnt take anything personal in your post, your post made sense to me and gave me somthing to concider when I post images..

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

That's a good thing.  Thanks for helping me come up to speed on Starring locations. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes