Games/Apps updated for ICS?
Crawlnstall
I recdently bought a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and love the phone, love ICS. However a good portion of my games do not work on my phone. The game will load to the menu, freeze for a moment and then take me to the phones home screen. I knew that some games would not work right away on ICS, but has anyone heard of when an update to most apps/games will be out? I'm dying to plyay my nice games on my huge screen!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Games/Apps updated for ICS?
Wildman
Legend

In most cases only the developer can answer when a update will hit to add compatibility...   You do know that the screen resolution could be a factor also because most apps are made for spacific screen resolution and the app may simply not know how to render the screens video and closes......

Have you tried clearing the data for the app because I have learned that when you change OS sometimes data saved from the old OS has a history to cause app to crash...   Sometimes clearing the apps data works with some apps...   Also on the reverse side I have had apps that didnt work from a clear install with all data deleted and I have to restore from a backup to get the app to work again..

Looks like you have to try clearing data and if that doesnt work and you have a backup app try restore the apps data from recovery..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Games/Apps updated for ICS?
Wildman
Legend

In most cases only the developer can answer when a update will hit to add compatibility...   You do know that the screen resolution could be a factor also because most apps are made for spacific screen resolution and the app may simply not know how to render the screens video and closes......

Have you tried clearing the data for the app because I have learned that when you change OS sometimes data saved from the old OS has a history to cause app to crash...   Sometimes clearing the apps data works with some apps...   Also on the reverse side I have had apps that didnt work from a clear install with all data deleted and I have to restore from a backup to get the app to work again..

Looks like you have to try clearing data and if that doesnt work and you have a backup app try restore the apps data from recovery..

0 Likes