Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gmail account deleted, unable to sync
AnnaLaGrave14

When I first got my DROID setup at the Verizon store they synced my phone to my gmail account "anna15663".

I recently deleted that gmail account and now on my phone it keeps saying "unable to sync to anna15663" even though I turned all the syncing off for that account. I tried to delete that account but it says that I would need to restore my phone to factory settings and all my data would get erased.

I'm not sure what I should do. I have my new email address set up and synced already so I don't need the "anna15663" but it keeps trying to sync and I'm getting annoyed by the notification!!

Any suggestions??

Thanks for any help!!

Anna

0 Likes
Re: Gmail account deleted, unable to sync
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Factory reset is the only way to clear it.  I hope you didn't purchase any apps with that account because you will have to buy them again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Gmail account deleted, unable to sync
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you have the new account configured, have you tried opening Accounts / Unwanted Email Account / Delete and see if it will allow you to remove it, normally ir wont but maybe you will have luck with more than one account.

0 Likes