Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Golf GPS on Droid
mamabby

Just bought the Droid for my husband for Birthday.  Before I rush off and get him a skycaddie for golf...is there a golf GPS app that can be downloaded similar to the SkyCaddies or Callaway?  One stop shop instead of carring around multiple devices.

0 Likes
Re: Golf GPS on Droid
obxleftyobxleft

GolfCard is available for around $8.  It seems to be a good application with lots of good features.  You can even map the courses that aren't in the database by downloading software to your computer, mapping the course via Google Maps and then uploading the results.

GolfLogix is coming out with one in the near future.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor

mamabby wrote:

Just bought the Droid for my husband for Birthday.  Before I rush off and get him a skycaddie for golf...is there a golf GPS app that can be downloaded similar to the SkyCaddies or Callaway?  One stop shop instead of carring around multiple devices.

there is a wide variety of golf applications for the droid.  some will even have free versions (limited in what they can do) and if your husband likes the app, he could get the full version.

however, i would recommend a cell phone charger like:

http://www.amazon.com/Tekkeon-MP1800-TekCharge/dp/B0017KH6OU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=12...

you will have to buy a mini usb to micro usb connector ($1.50) through Amazon as well but a 4 to 5 hour round of golf (I hate duffers) with the gps enabled will take it's toll on the phones battery (not including any unexpected calls he might receive)

0 Likes
jltung

I think battery charge might be an issue if you run the phone for 4 1/2 hours.  

I have skycaddie SG5 and the uPro .also.  Love the uPro.  

Bought Golfcard and have Freecaddie for emergencies, but have not used yet.

0 Likes
tsauter
Contributor

mamabby wrote:

I use TeeDriod. The application is free and the service is 19.99 per year for unlimited courses. You can also map courses using google earth and earn points that you can use for a membership. I have never run out of battery when i have it fully charged. They prorgam developers recommend turning off 3g and autosync services as they are battery hogs. I have taken 5-10 strokes off my golf game using this program for my andriod phone.

0 Likes
frankhugh

I recommend GPSCaddy. There's a free trial version and the paid version is a one-off cost of about $20. It's specially designed for Android phones and has great graphics of the hole you're playing.

0 Likes