Google Aps Calendar and Droid
KrisBrilliant

I just traded my Blackberry for a Droid and can't get my Google Aps calendar on it.  I successfully added my Google Aps gmail account, but when I add calendars, it is not listed in the list to add.  I suspect this is because my Google Aps account is a premium (paid) account and is not treated like a _____@gmail address.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get my calendar in my Droid?

0 Likes
Re: Google Aps Calendar and Droid
mgerbasio
Enthusiast - Level 3

Most applications work with Google Apps and Gmail accounts. Google Listen and Google Maps My Maps being exceptions. I'm sure there are a few others.

You're google apps calendar should display on your phone; I have Google Apps and it works.

Go to Settings, Accounts and sync, make sure you have Background data amd Auto-sync checked. Tap you google apps acocunt in the Manage Accounts section. Make sure you have Sync Calendar selected.

0 Likes
KrisBrilliant

Everything is great up to the part about making sure Sync Calendar is selected.  It's not even listed.  Only Sync Contacts and Sync Gmail are listed.

I just spoke to a Verizon helpdesk person who informed me she didn't think it would work at all....but I know others have done it so it must be possible.

0 Likes
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

Select which application to synchronize such as calendar

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu key
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Touch Accounts & synchronization

Note: By default, all personal information in Gmail, Calendar, and Contacts will sync whenever you make a change or receive a new message.
  4. Select the Google Apps you want to synchronize.

Tip: Select Auto-sync to automatically synchronize all applications. When Auto-sync is disabled, you can synchronize individual applications manually by selecting their respective check boxes.

For a reference you can follow this link, which will provide the entire steps on syncing Google calendar with the Droid http://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38319

0 Likes