Google Hangouts Dialer app - data connection lost immediately on using app
neville_sequeira

As soon as I use Google Hangouts app by way of placing a call or by picking up an incoming call, phone data connection (4GLTE) is lost and the two parties involved in the call cannot hear each other. The 4GLTE icon at top of the screen shows no activity during this time. Once I quick the app, data connection is back on and the icon shows activity.

This is on a Verizon LG G4 device.

Issue is not encountered when on Wifi.

Anyone know root cause of this issue?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Google Hangouts Dialer app - data connection lost immediately on using app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Neville.sequeira, let's get this resolved. You mentioned this only happens when Wi-Fi is turned off. Are you able to use 4G data on any other apps?

EstebanP_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Make sure you are using the Hangouts Dialer app, not Hangouts itself.

0 Likes
neville_sequeira

Have not observed the issue with any other app.

0 Likes
neville_sequeira

I am using Hangouts Dialer app, not Hangouts itself. Thought that was clear from my post.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying. Lets troubleshoot this! Try deleting the app and then re downloading it.

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
neville_sequeira

Have already tried deleting Google Hangouts Dialer app and reinstalling it - twice.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

neville.swwueira,

Back to the drawing board.I appreciate the steps you have already taken.

When you are using data with out the WiFi, are you having any other issues or concerns? What other applications is this happening on?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
neville_sequeira
0 Likes