Google Maps 3D Maps
Wildman
Legend

How many people have been able to get the new 3D maps feature to work and on which device? I have the Droid X and for some reason I havent had any luck..

http://www.androidcentral.com/google-maps-updated-3d-tilt-feature-vector-graphics
thumb_550_google-maps-update.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Maps 3D Maps
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It seems to work for me.  Just checked the Amtrak station in KC and it shows as 3D.  However I am zoomed in almost all the way just to see it

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

To see the Buildings  wildman Take ur two finger at the same time on the screen an pull down also u need to zoom in a little:   And This seem to work only in big Metro Cities.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
Maybe that's the issue because Im in KC and they may not concider it enough to map the 3d for use.
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Also if u touch the little simbol in upper right corner its ur compass when u turn it'll turn As well on the X But make sure all Gps features R all clicked On.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I done a search on Kc it showed  the sprint center an others around it . Do a search on New York City Downtown Area.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
Checked New York and map is still 2d.... Its not major but I just wanted to give it a try but haven't had no luck with seeing the 3D maps... Oh well
0 Likes
B33
Legend

The site must be havin issues again wildmwan ur picture did'nt come on just the triangle symbol.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
Gotta love it... its just a image of the 3d maps option from Android Central.
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wildman when i did  a search again on Kc Sprint Center it didnt show the center till i clicked the on Satillite View an even if U pull down on it. It wont show a the side of the Building. Now before i hit sat View i was able to see the surrounding buldings using the 3D feature.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It is Cool isnt it.  :smileysurprised:

0 Likes