Google Maps on Droid
stizod

Anyone having an issue where "My Location" is quite a bit off from where you are located? I have the GPS turned on and I'm shown more than a few blocks away from my actual location.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Maps on Droid
adam_losangeles
Enthusiast - Level 3

stizod wrote:

Anyone having an issue where "My Location" is quite a bit off from where you are located? I have the GPS turned on and I'm shown more than a few blocks away from my actual location.

I get the same thing if I am indoors (GPS location requires outdoor, line-of-sight to the sky) because then it only uses the cell towers for triangulation which is not as accurate.

Also, make sure "Use GPS" is enabled in Google maps.

Once GPS is accesable, it's quite accurate.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rjones

Try walking outside under a clear skiy for a few minutes to let the GPS lock onto your location more accurately. This exposes the handset to more satellites, thus improving accuracy.

0 Likes
adam_losangeles
Enthusiast - Level 3

stizod wrote:

I get the same thing if I am indoors (GPS location requires outdoor, line-of-sight to the sky) because then it only uses the cell towers for triangulation which is not as accurate.

Also, make sure "Use GPS" is enabled in Google maps.

Once GPS is accesable, it's quite accurate.

0 Likes