Google Music All Access is a Data Eating Animal.!
B33
Legend

I found some interesting Info on the recently Updated Google Play Music App. which was updated not to long ago i did know that part of it.. But what i didn't know till i ran across this Info that it love's to eat Data BIG BIG! time.. So i wanted to share what i found.

Please read the Link below for the rest of the Info on this Little Data eating Animal..

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/05/24/google-music-all-access-can-eat-data-like-no-other-be-careful-t...

And everybody on the Forum Please.!  Have Safe and Happy Memorial Day.. Memorial Day Male Salute  Memorial Day Female Salute  b33

0 Likes
Re: Google Music All Access is a Data Eating Animal.!
AZSALUKI
Legend

Yeah.....it's actually comparable to other music apps. The difference is that it doesn't give you the option to stream at a lessor quality. I use spotify and the nice feature is that I can set it to normal quality instead of high and it uses a fraction of the data and really, in a car through Bluetooth, I can't tell the difference in quality. I have to believe that Google will add this option down the road, or it will be unusable for anyone that has data limits.

0 Likes
ericreinhardt
Contributor - Level 1

This is why i tell people and verizon that i need a 32gb galaxy s4. You can pin the music from google music to your phone but it will only save it to internal memory and not an ext memory card. Verizon says well you can buy a external memory card to expand memory. You know what i have a 32 gb external memory card and its basically useless. I am almost out of room on my s3 and need s4 32gb....

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup that's right). But it's already causing one big issue's Headaches with the Motorola's you can't use the Voice Commands with this Latest update it shuts Voice Command down in it's Tracks i don't know what's in that is Causing the issue AZ but Google better get it Fixed Soon...Plus with this new platform i call it there pushing there wanting Money for it you can trial it Now then you pay $6.99 after the Trial runs out.. But if you don't Trial it and don't go with the $6.99 it Goes up in price.. I don't see how it's going any were Me i'll stick with Slacker or Winamp... b   

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Its actually 7.99 and with tax its 8.56. The other services include tax when they say 9.99. And yes.....if you don't sign up by next month it will be 9.99 (10 something with tax). They have less tracks than spotify, no ability to lower the quality (and thereby lowering the data consumption), and the day it launched, employees had already started posting "we are working on this issue or that issue." They launched it too soon, likely to get out ahead of whatever apple is working on. In it's current state it is DOA.

B33
Legend

I knew i would goober it up some were AZ sorry old age and a kick in the hind's end might help O well.. we try at least thanks for posting the Correct.. And hey ya have a Happy Memorial Day  b

0 Likes
B33
Legend

AZ in reading your last statement It seem that ol Google is still pushing for the Date at the End of the Month they've pushed out at least 3 updates since i started the Thread and the issue with Motorola's Voice Commands have been Fixed to were it working again not at it's up-most greatest   but it is Working..

If there are Customers on the Forum that want Google Play Music @ $7.99 the free trial is nearing it's end according to the article that i have Link to if you'd like to read more on the App the Link i provided will shed some more light on it: Enjoy b33

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/06/11/reminder-to-early-adopters-free-30-day-trial-for-google-music-a...

0 Likes