Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Navigation STILL in beta!
OldPilot
Novice

Google Nav is pretty good on my Droid, but still in beta after all this time? When I visit a destination I almost always like to delete it from the nav list, as i'm pretty sure i can find it again without the hand-holding. But Navigation keeps all those and the only way to delete is to completely uninstall the app and then download it again. I've sent comments to Google with no response and it's still the same. At least it's free. No way am I going to pony up more $$$ to Verizon on top of what I pay now.

0 Likes
Re: Google Navigation STILL in beta!
Cobjones
Novice
They will keep the app free. It is their business model, they will sell ads for searches and suggestions.

They also send updates to this app a couple of times a year. If you did want some other features you could try any numbers of the others navigation apps out there, but they can get expensive.
0 Likes
OldPilot
Novice

Please don't get me wrong --- I like the app. I used it on a long trip and it was actually better than my Navigon. The only thing I dislike is the inability to delete saved destinations. After a few trips using it things could get pretty clogged up.

0 Likes
draya06
Novice
Yeah, I find that much less annoying than the fact that my location is always off. It never shows me as being where I really am, and if you touch the my location arrow, it will tell you how far off it is. If it knows how far off my location is, why can't it just show me where I really am?
0 Likes