Google Wallet
ChuckG73

How the heck can Verizon block Google Wallet?  What happened to the customer being able to choose? After my contract is up I will be leaving Verizon and going to another provider that does not try and control what apps I use. 

Chuck G

0 Likes
Re: Google Wallet
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And a new discussion thread on the peer to peer customer forum is going to help how? Go read the other dozen or so threads already discussing this topic that reside in this community forum. Sprint has the exclusive for the application. Until that changes, the possibility of the application being available on the Verizon Wireless network is unlikely.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ChuckG73

Wow how about you do some research before you spout off an answer.  Also if this forum was better organized and set up I would have.

check out http://blogs.computerworld.com/mobilewireless/20781/verizon-tethering-settlement-google-wallet

It is all Verizon's doing not some agreement with Google and Sprint.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is the Block C settlement and isn't related to Google Wallet at all.

And SEARCH is your friend here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

She rude and obnoxious in different forums and since she can't answer properly she tells people to go to another thread.  I know many people who,are using GW on VZW GN and are loving it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

2insdad wrote:

She rude and obnoxious in different forums and since she can't answer properly she tells people to go to another thread.  I know many people who,are using GW on VZW GN and are loving it.

15 or so threads on the subject.  It has already been stated numerous times.  Some people believe Verizon is blocking it.  FTC doesn't think so, Verizon doesn't think so, and Google hasn't stepped forward to say yes or no.  Because of Google's silence I believe this...  Google went exclusive with Sprint, and Sprint get's a cut for all sales, and if anyone jumps in and get's wallet Sprint get's a cut.  Verizon doesn't want to pay a COMPETITOR money for something they are also working on.  No business would do this...  Metro, and US cellular decided to pay up, but they don't have a payment option in the works, and their customer base isn't growing.  They may give up some cash in hopes to gain customers.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/services_solutions/details.jsp?detId=google_wallet&catId=service_exc...

Sprint still advertises they have an exclusiveness to Wallet.  Google isn't stopping them.  When Verizon did the same thing with the Galaxy Nexus it was shut down in a short few hours.

2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

My favorite Verizon backer is back.  Who pays "the cut" of each sale?  So why not let us have google wallet UNTIL the other app is ready?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

@2insdad Do you care to wager your life savings and your home that I don't get paid by Verizon for anything I say on here?  As I have said a million times I do not, have not, nor have any vested interest in Verizon.  I look at the whole facts instead of going what the media spews out.  I even linked you something that shows Sprint has EXCLUSIVITY from Sprint themselves, and Google since the release of Wallet as NOT asked Sprint to remove it.  So they MUST have some sort of deal.

Explain why the Nexus S unlocked, and unbranded did not have Google Wallet at the same time the Nexus S 4G had wallet?  Sprint had exclusivity.  Why is it no regional carrier can install wallet on their Android NFC enabled devices?  They have no vested interest in Isis so explain why is it?  Why is it Google has remained silent when the FTC was investigating Verizon for blocking applications from the Play Store when they have vested interest in Google Wallet to expand?

If you can find all the answers to that with document proof then I will back you up, but NO ONE has shown me anything to prove my statement wrong.  Google hasn't even stepped up to clear the air, and continue to remain silent.

FYI - I don't drink Google's Kool Aid either.  I will gladly use all platforms whether free or paid.  I am awaiting Tizen just to see how it fairs.  I have ran Meego, Symbian, Windows Phone, iOS.  I don't care what platform as long as it works. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Kind of makes me Wonder if things will change Quite a bit for sprint if they get bought by Softbank Tidbits) And as for Google Wallet if one's want to use it why couldn't they just go on the Website..

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I think Google didn't even have to involve carriers, and shouldn't have.  That was their mistake and are now paying for it.  By signing an exclusive agreement it was what caused the problem.

If SB buys out Sprint all the agreements running will be the same.  Once they expire then that's a different story.

0 Likes