Google maps and navigation showing Kilometers
budone
Legend

I am wondering how to change that info back to MPH??? I do not remember changing it.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google maps and navigation showing Kilometers
budone
Legend

I figured out the issue. I now literally live on the border of Canada. so even though the map shows me in the US, apparently the GPS and the program feels otherwise. The program switches from KM to MPH once I move inland just a bit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Nobody has a clue????  :smileysad:

0 Likes
OsheaG
Contributor - Level 2

To make this change in Google Maps you should:

• Open Google Maps and click on the "Get Directions" link.

• Enter the start and end addresses, landmarks or cities for your trip, and then click on  the "Get Directions" button. The map will be generated, with directions listed with distances in the default measurement for that country.

• Click on the "Show Options" link. It is just below the text field where you entered your destination.

• Click on the "km" radiobutton to change miles to kilometers, or on the "miles" radio button to change from kilometers to miles.

Here is a link to that information:  

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Im Still a little fuzzy on this one two I did what it said in the Instructions and I still havent been able to find how to change the MPH/KM Setting.:  A little More explaining needs to be done.  :smileysad:      (Update)  Were it Says click on the options When I Done that it Gives 1: the option: Avoid Highways 2: the option: Avoid Tolls And thats All I Could Find No Other Options So What are we doing Wrong.   :smileysad:

0 Likes
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

I think those instructions are for a Blackberry.  They certainly aren't for a Fascinate......at least I can't get mine to do what was suggested.  Mine is in Miles and I see no way to change to Km.  But then on the other hand I am a relative newbie.  Have a great day.

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately the new update to Google maps does not allow you to change from KM to MPH. Until this option is available, you may have to uninstall the map updates in order to get the MPH measurement back.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I figured out the issue. I now literally live on the border of Canada. so even though the map shows me in the US, apparently the GPS and the program feels otherwise. The program switches from KM to MPH once I move inland just a bit.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Oh, jeez, that was all the problem was? ... just kidding! Glad you figured it out, budone. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Yeah,,,, HEY it is a new home for me. I figured it out one day when I left the house and TADA, KM's went bye-Bye and HELLO MPH and correct distances.That's Canada across the river!

Canada.jpg

0 Likes