Re: HTC Droid Eris Update 2.1 issues
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having same issues as everyone else.     :smileysad:    It's so frustrating. 

0 Likes
timtavis

I also had problems after the 2.1 upgrade. First, only problems with calendar view. HTC tech support recommended factory reset, which wiped memory and reinstalled 2.1.

Over the next week or so, more problems cropped up, including the audio drop, calendar not syncing with google/calendar online, button presses not registering or only registering after very long delay, phone turning itself off and back on when i launched an app or tried to do something from within an app.

i took my phone to the Verizon store and they replaced it. The tech guy said that they are not sure what is causing the problems, but he pointed out (correctly) that all upgrades produce some bugs. This one seems to have produced and awful lot of bugs for an awful lot of people.

I've decided to keep my replacement Droid at OS 1.7 for now, rather than upgrade and risk a repeat of the fiasco. I'll wait until the patch is released that fixes the problems caused by the 2.1 upgrade, which I suspect will be at least 3 months away.

0 Likes
badbiddy

Since the update, I was having the dead incoming/outgoing call issue, loss of touch tones/ring/notification sounds on my Droid Eris. The only solution was to power off my phone and turn it back on. Verizon sent me 2 replacement units, both of which experienced the same problems. My solution was to go into a Verizon store and get a new unit with 1.5 on it. Since then, I have had no problems, but now I have to wait until the patch that the techs are working on to come out before I can update to 2.1, which sucks because I can't have more than 1 Gmail account synced to my phone.
LAME!

0 Likes
jonbegood
0 Likes
jeb1820

I too have had this issue with no sound on on incoming/outgoing calls. I have also called cust. serv. and done all the updates and hard resets, with no help in getting rid of problems.  I am getting a refurb. phone sent to me, as I am sure it will have the same problems. Verizon customer service said they have not heard of these issues, but there are numerous post on this website, and HTC forums. Very frustrated!!

0 Likes
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to put this out there, the Verizon customer service person I spoke to did actually hear about the issue and said they were aware of it.

We lost our brand new phone which was working just fine with none of these issues, but the new phone also did not have the update installed yet.   When we got the replacement "certified preowned" phone,  the update ran when it was first turned on and we have had the problems since we got this replacement phone.  It's just so frustrating.  It's unreliable especially if you have an emergency and need to call someone.

0 Likes
simiademens

Why hasn't Verizon officially acknowledged this issue and produced a fix... it seems like a whole lotta people are having this problem.

yenracd wrote:

Just to put this out there, the Verizon customer service person I spoke to did actually hear about the issue and said they were aware of it.

We lost our brand new phone which was working just fine with none of these issues, but the new phone also did not have the update installed yet.   When we got the replacement "certified preowned" phone,  the update ran when it was first turned on and we have had the problems since we got this replacement phone.  It's just so frustrating.  It's unreliable especially if you have an emergency and need to call someone.

0 Likes