HTC Incredible & VZW Tones App
SteveB

Has anyone noticed that the VZW Tones App doesn't list nearly all the stuff it should be listing.  For example, I can search for various ringtones for songs I like and find them on the website.  However, when I go to the app and search for the exact same thing, it only lists the ringback tones.  The messed up thing is that I can't purchase from the website because I guess the Incredible hasn't been setup to receive the tones OTA yet.   So the App doesn't list all the ringtones.  VZW now knows of this and is supposedly working on it.  Its just mind boggling how VZW can be so unprepared on what would have to be their current flaghship device.  The phones comes with NO microSD, NO headphones and the battery life is not cool on it.  So they advertise a phone for 199 and yet you pretty much have to spend another 100 bucks in accessories to make it what it should be. 

Sorry for the rant but, its just really annoying. Lol.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible & VZW Tones App
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Have you ever considered going to the Android Market and downloading a ringtone app for free? There's plenty of cool music apps that'll let you download the entire song. Hope this helps:smileywink:

0 Likes
SteveB

sHaY_j wrote:

Have you ever considered going to the Android Market and downloading a ringtone app for free? There's plenty of cool music apps that'll let you download the entire song. Hope this helps:smileywink:

I looked into different ones.  Its either an app that lets you make a RT out of a song you have or bad clips of songs or the sound quality sucks.  You get what you pay for.  VZW just needs to fix their problems.  In other words, get it setup so you can download the ringtone OTA...allowing you to buy it online and/or fix the VZW Tones App.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SteveB wrote:

I looked into different ones.  Its either an app that lets you make a RT out of a song you have or bad clips of songs or the sound quality sucks.  You get what you pay for.  VZW just needs to fix their problems.  In other words, get it setup so you can download the ringtone OTA...allowing you to buy it online and/or fix the VZW Tones App.

Have you looked at the app called Ringtones by Mabilo Android Team or the app called Ringtone by ringtone?  Those apps are pretty nice & have good quality 

0 Likes
SteveB

TheGreatOne wrote:

SteveB wrote:

Have you looked at the app called Ringtones by Mabilo Android Team or the app called Ringtone by ringtone?  Those apps are pretty nice & have good quality 

That was one of the ones I checked.   To me, the quality sounded horrible.  VZW just needs to get their stuff together.

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

I downloaded Music Online Lite from the market & I love it. Once you downloaded it, all you have to do is search for the ringtone you want and select the one you want to download and it also lets you preview the music before you download it to make sure you're downloading the correct song. Hope this helps.:smileywink:

0 Likes