Handcent MMS
dairishchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Handcent in my LG Ally and I realized that I can't send pictures. It keeps telling me to try and send it again. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it? 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Handcent MMS
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
That's weird... I have it on the Incredible and didn't have any problems. Did you try to send it through the stock service to make sure its not the phone? How about an uninstall and reinstall of the app?
0 Likes
dairishchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am able to send them on the stock messaging and it will show up on Handcent after its been sent...but if I try and send them through Handcent they just wont go through and after half an hour or so it will prompt me to try and send it again. 

0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

I wonder if it has to do with the phone? I've been sending photos and videos through handcent with no issues since I installed it Monday night. I did notice that it has to compress the items to send, maybe it's not compressing correctly and fails?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. I checked the handcent forums and they have a fix that might work if you want to try it.

http://bbs.handcent.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2269

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

I did a test a while ago trying to figure out why pics were getting resized (if this is the problem).

The results were a little interesting for my Incredible. Even if you don't have the Incredible pics too large will be resized just like mine. So here were some tweaks I made that seemed to explain how to send pics without getting resized. Granted it may not be your phone but you can get the picture?

Get it.... waa waa waa

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
There is also a setting to change the max mms size. Not sure if it will help, but worth a shot.
0 Likes
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1

I have an Ally and use handcent as my default messaging app

And I have no problems adding photos, sending are recieving sms, mms, email.

I have a thought, for the next text you send and want to add a pic.

Start the text with handcent, from the options chose "ad subject" that makes it a mms message.

Then attach you photo.

Let us know if that works.

0 Likes
robjr2057

yes i had the same issue mine was because of the running apps and the task killer were calshing too aggressively this might be your problem check it out ive owned every droid phone that verizon has had and ive tryed everything to test the power options good luck until next time

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

do messages through this count against your plan? its my first time hearing of it

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

hallcp1019 wrote:

do messages through this count against your plan? its my first time hearing of it

Yes, Handcent is simply an alternative to the default messaging application included with your Android phone.  There are some apps, like Google Voice, or apps that link you to various websites, that can send text messages using data, but Handcent sends regular SMS and MMS just as the default messaging app would.

0 Likes